Leaky Atomizer (Hellvape)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidkev

Sep 12, 2021
a couple of weeks ago I bought the Hellvape Fat Rabbit rta and have been fighting with leaking issues, it is my first rta, and know they can be finicky. Wondering if anyone has experience with this rta and can help me out, I think it has to do with the wicking but if I use too much cotton I get dry hits but if I reduce it I get leaks out of the bottom airflow hole.

Any insights will be appreciated! thx

minimag03

Jun 13, 2019
RTAs are always difficult for new users. And the hardest part is how every RTA prefers its own style of wicking in order to really shine. New RTAs still give me issues and I’ve been using them for years. I guess I’m trying to say that you shouldn’t get discouraged. These types of difficulties are perfectly normal. But eventually you’ll begin to get better and better.

As the above poster mentioned, the top cap design on this RTA can cause it to flood. There is not much that can be done about this issue, that I’m aware of.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I know u say its new rta but make sure all the orings on the top tap are in place...

Also it helps sometimes if the leakage is after refill something that i do with is i dont fill them all the way up to the max and after i close the cap i immediately turn it upside down for like 2 seconds...and ofc after any refill i do few puffs in a row....

Other than that since u are kinda new to this world of rtas i think u will get used to wicking and u wont have problems...
Just make sure u fill the juice ports with cotton fully but the cotton be fluffy and nice in order to not get dry hits...
Its hard to get the right amount sometimes in some rtas but its something that comes only with experience in my opinion...

I dont know what kind of leakage u get cause if its like dripping juice from the airflow holes then its defenetly bad wicking or a missing or damaged or smaller that the spares oring on the top cap most likely...

Sometimes with some bottom airflow rtas when its summer hot days no matter how i wick it i always get some juice like condensation and i may need to wipe it once per day or 2 times on the airflow ring without taking the atty off the mod...

Its never in a point that it would drip on the mod tho but still may get messy if i dont wipe it and i grab it to vape it...
Just saying what is my experience with some rtas in some conditions even tho i wick them perfectly in those conditions only tho like very hot days or change in temps like from cold to jot environment...

Other than that if the leak is not that big to make a mess just continue vaping and soon ot later u will get better at all i am sure...most of us have being where u are now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread