Leaky Carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdbam21

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Laveen, AZ
I have a question about cartos. I have 2 ibtanks and it seems like I have had a couple bad cartos. They leak regularly. It seems like it only happens to the flavors I really like. (Why does it always happen to the favorite ones) The cartos I'm using now are smok tech 1.5 dual coils standard length. Single whole. What causes them to leak and is it just a bad carto? I'm using an eVic at 11w usually. Liquid is a 70-30 vg-pg. any ideas of what's happening

JRZROB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
NJ
If it is leaking out the bottom 510 connection (center bottom or side air holes near threads) you might be filling it wrong or filling too much. If you are filling correctly, it is possible the cart may not be wicking properly (bad cart). I use IBT with smok and Boge, but never had a leak problem unless it was my own doing.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Make sure you blow the excess from the center hole before installing the carto into the tank. Then make sure not to get any more juice into the carto when filling the tank.

If it still leaks at the 510 connection check and make sure the orings are seated properly and did not get cut or sliced when you installed the carto. Carto tanks leak if they are not sealing properly.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Leaking at the 510 connector is a sure sign of a flooded carto.

Some moisture at the 510 connector is normal. I dry and clean the 510 daily with Kleenex.

The flooding problem can also be caused by three issues...

-Too much of the filler surface area is exposed to the juice you are using. Use fewer holes or smaller slots.
-Your juice is too thin for the carto as is. Use a higher percentage VG juice.
-Be sure to gently blow any juice out of the carto center air bore after priming and before installing it into the carto tank.

Last edited:

sdbam21

Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Laveen, AZ
Yeah I didn't want to get the dual coils. Definitely not a fan now. All they had at my local shop at the time. Looked last night on ibtanked and they were all out of single coils. The standard (35 mm) single coil flanged cartos are pretty hard to come by. I looked a few other places but are either out or over charging. I'll have to continue the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread