leaky hCigar Kraken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I received a hCigar kraken as a gift recently.

Long story short I guess I was too excited to get it cleaned up and built because after I built it and filled it with liquid I immediately discovered

1) the glass tank is loose to the point of being useless. With the cap on you can still easily lift up the tank (guess how fun that was to find out) and after letting it sit for a little while it leaked juice from the bottom of the tank.

2) and oddly enough the AFC on the top cap is SUPER tight. Not completely jammed up tight, and not that big of a deal because I tend to set it and forget it.

Despite my disappointment I found it funny that they seem to have gotten the fit backwards on mine since most complain about the glass being SUPER tight.

So on to the obvious,

What is more likely the culprit?
Out of spec glass tank or too small o rings?

TIA

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC

Long story short I guess I was too excited to get it cleaned up and built because after I built it and filled it with liquid I immediately discovered

1) the glass tank is loose to the point of being useless. With the cap on you can still easily lift up the tank (guess how fun that was to find out) and after letting it sit for a little while it leaked juice from the bottom of the tank.

2) and oddly enough the AFC on the top cap is SUPER tight. Not completely jammed up tight, and not that big of a deal because I tend to set it and forget it.

Despite my disappointment I found it funny that they seem to have gotten the fit backwards on mine since most complain about the glass being SUPER tight.

So on to the obvious,

TIA

I have the infinite version and it has the super tight glass. So much so that I'm afraid to use too much force and have it break.

As for your case, maybe it would help if you have fatter orings. Worth a try, especially if you have some in the correct size handy. I can't seem to find it now, but I could swear I read somewhere within he last few months that she kraken clones didn't come with perfectly round glass, so leaked badly from the bottom.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

AMUP0121

Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Ohio

So on to the obvious,

TIA

I recently got the brass kraken clone and had the same problem. I could't wait to build it, only to find my mod soaked and juice all over my desk. The AFC just took a few days to break in. As for the tank it was a bad o ring I'm thinking. I looked through all the o rings I had and found a red one from the first version of the aga-t that fits and it has not leaked since. It might not be the same size but it does not leak and the glass is pretty easy to take off for a cleaning.
The bottome o ring was too big to make a seal with the tank. So it is possible that they got switched when they were being assembled. But the AFC now moves much easier than when I first got it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread