The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Learning curve?

Discussion in 'Juice Box Fans' started by clyde2801, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. clyde2801

clyde2801 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Okay, as someone waiting on their juice box to arrive, I keep reading these great reviews. One of the comments I keep reading is...'once you get past the learning curve...". I know every mod has little tricks and quirks, but what should one expect when they get theirs in the mail?

Basically, I'm asking for instructions, tips and advice. Probably would help some of the others on the forum too, I'd guess.

Thanks.

2. jcamacho

jcamacho Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I received mine today and already got the hang of it. I sat for about 30 minutes using first bottle that came with it, filled it with Spiced Rum from TV and pumped it once. Pressed switch and no contact at first. Pressed down a bit more forcefully and the unit lit up, has blue light inside that turns on when you are successful, you have to have the lid off to see it as this one has no exterior led. Used mouthpiece to take a drag and immediately heard common gurgle when atty floods. I got it to produce a small amount of vapor but noted in past reviews that JB is better using VG, so I switched to a 10ml bottle of Rath juice from LiteCig and discovered that the bottle fits perfectly on it. Nice to know that I won't be having to buy and search for empty bottles that fit it, just buy 10ml Rath. When I flood with my other mods, I remove atty and blow out to clear it. Then I'll try again and am successful in vaping it. So I tried this with the JB except I didn't have to remove anything because when you blow it back, it just blows back into bottle. I then took a good vape off of it and man, da bomb! Vapor is fantastic and the taste of Blueberry Rath was wonderful! It never has tasted so good before using it on 8 other mods that I own. In fact I wondered what people were talking about because to me it always tasted somewhat burnt. The JB makes a big difference believe me. Hope this helps someone.

3. SNM

SNM Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2009

Is this Carlos's JB we are talking about???

4. jcamacho

Jan 1, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Update on last comments: When I opened up unit I did notice that there was some leakage inside. It appears to be coming out of the small hole inside, I pushed down on the plastic tubing to stop but that stops everything-no draw possible. I cleaned out as best as I could but wondering if this will affect the JB in any way because there's liquid on wires and battery. Does anyone know?

5. jcamacho

Jan 1, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Yes, it's Carlo's JB?

6. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Senior Member ECF Veteran

jcamacho , what was your order # or order date please.

7. miss MiA

miss MiA Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Hi jcamacho, don't know if you saw it but storminyte posted the following in the "Need honest reviews of the JB" thread. Is speaking of flooding but also leakage, and sounds like it could be the same issue and solution. I might pick up some of this stuff in advance myself just in case. Good luck!

8. miss MiA

miss MiA Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 12, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Hi BD, I saw elsewhere that this particular one was bought from someone else (but the new one is also due soon I think).

9. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    If you blow into the mouthpiece with the bottle screwed in, the juice will come out of the small hole in the side of the atty (and into the box), not back into the bottle.

10. clyde2801

Will any 18650 work? I've got a red 3000mah and a black 'GTL' unprotected 2800 mah battery, and there's quite a size difference between the two. It looks like 2400mah trustfires in the jb videos.

Do I need to get those specifically (can't find them on avejuice.com) or is there a little variance on what can be used?

11. Kismayaz

Kismayaz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Central FL
    The red one will definitely work, clyde. you can also get the trustfire ones dirt cheap from dealextreme... you just have to wait a few weeks.

12. kemuri

kemuri Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2009
    out of town
    Ultrafire 18650 2600mAh I got from madvapes works fine.

13. JDSupreme

JDSupreme Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I got 2 Trustfire 18650 2400mah (they're silver) and a multifunctional charger (can charge my cr123's on it too:) from DX for like $16. Took 2+ weeks but you cant beat that price. With the JB wait you almost have to get em from there :)

14. SNM

Nov 1, 2009
    I cant seem to get it right. I either have burnt atty taste or im flooded :(

Someone please help me.

15. clyde2801

Are you using vg with it?

16. SNM

Nov 1, 2009

PG VG mix.. 70/30

17. WhatAClumsyGirl

WhatAClumsyGirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2009
    Mtns of Tennessee
    SNM...Try covering that little hole inside at the atty with your finger, then blowing into the atty...that will transfer the extra juice back into the bottle without it leaking out. I've also found that unscrewing the bottle a little bit at times to vent it..helps alot...Then vape that way for a few minutes then screw it back on tight. Someone else said to turn it upside down which ive tried as well, and it does seem to clear out the flooding.

There's some other tips on some of the other threads here. I hope this helps you. And....check out carlos's videos.

18. Kismayaz

Kismayaz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Central FL
    OK, here's what you do... seriously. As soon as you get the burnt atty taste, hold the button down and blow into the hole on the side of the atty. If you don't want to take the cover off you can blow into the hole where the bottle is, it works the same. Do this for a while to burn off all the excess juice. Now, and here's the tricky part.

If you have the bottle filled more than halfway with juice, then BARELY pump the bottle. As soon as you feel the plastic indent, let go. You are now ready to vape, and it will not be flooded. I promise. Repeat this step until...

The bottle is less than half full of juice, When you get to this point, you have to push it in a little more. If you look inside the bottle, you can see the plastic tube inside. Push on the bottle until you see the juice go upwards. You will not have to push the bottle no more than halfway. Once you see juice go up, let go. You are now ready to vape, and it will not be flooded. I promise. Repeat this step until...

You are almost out of juice, At this point, it's pretty much the same as last time, except you have to push even harder. Watch the tube carefully, and as soon as you get juice to go up the tube, let go. You are now ready to vape, and it will not be flooded. I promise. Repeat this step until...

You are out of juice, now make sure you rinse out your bottle before refilling to get all of the atty crud out from the bottom. This is key to making the most out of the life of your atomizer.

I have been doing this for a while now, and have had absolutely zero flooding issues and always a great vape. This mixed with holding the button down in between drags until you get your fix makes this the best vapor, flavor, and TH producing PV I've ever used.

19. JDSupreme

JDSupreme Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Great little guide! Cant wait to apply it myself in a few days!!! I have no fear of this PV :) I've figured everything else out just fine over time!

20. Kuya Dave

Kuya Dave Moved On

Jan 5, 2010
    Tru Nor Cal
    very nice kismayaz...
    Wasn't going to comment on any post but you deserve mad props..
    that is very useful to anyone with or getting a JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.