Left my charger at work. Can I make it for 41hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbyman

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Houston. Tx USA
Oh, I worked today and I left without unplugging the charger and taking it home with me. I didn't realize it until I was out the door and riding my bike home. Couldn't go back since I was the last person to leave the building and I don't have a key. :cry: :cry:

It's going to be a long wait until 6am Monday Morning so I can get the charger. I probably have ~30 minutes of battery life on this battery. :(

After 30 years of smoking and receiving my 510 I don't want to smoke an analog especially under these conditions. I can't sleep for 40+ hours either......Live and Learn, I guess.

And I was thinking about ordering another no-box 510 for a spare.

JaYBoNeS

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Vancouver
Oh, I worked today and I left without unplugging the charger and taking it home with me. I didn't realize it until I was out the door and riding my bike home. Couldn't go back since I was the last person to leave the building and I don't have a key. :cry: :cry:

It's going to be a long wait until 6am Monday Morning so I can get the charger. I probably have ~30 minutes of battery life on this battery. :(

After 30 years of smoking and receiving my 510 I don't want to smoke an analog especially under these conditions. I can't sleep for 40+ hours either......Live and Learn, I guess.

And I was thinking about ordering another no-box 510 for a spare.

Time to explore a simple battery mod? If you're handy at all with electronics, you could make your own. There are plenty of simple ones in the modding forum. I want to make one myself, just haven't had the need or time yet.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
I know how anxious you must be. The other day I went to another town about an hour from my home.I just took my mod with some eliquid(forgot extra batteries). Then on the way back my mod quit. My battery went dead. This felt like I did when I was smoking and would run out of cigarettes (which I never let this happen) I thought about stopping and buying some cigarettes but remembered how the last one I smoked tasted and decided against it. I had a bit of anxiety but I made it. Of course I did not have 40 hours to go. In your situtaton I reallly don't know what I would do. I have numerous batteries and chargers all over the house to make sure this doesn't happen, You don't have a USB passthrough, if you do just stay connected to your computer.

shelbyman

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Houston. Tx USA
My 510 does have 2 batteries, one of the batteries is in the charger. I am no good at electronics so I will have to wait it out. I am outside of Houston, Tx.

I have my original ecig, an auto 401, that has a broken atty, I will try to use it to hold me over. I will only use the 510 for when a must have that strong puff.

burnsb

Mar 3, 2010
Huntsville AL
Go to Radio shack, purchase alligator clips with screw terminals. The employee should know what that means.

Go to Wal-Mart or maybe Radio Shack(more expensive) purchase a wall plug USB charger.

Take a USB cable you don't need. Cut the end that doesn't plug into your computer off. Strip back the outer black covering.

Inside you will see 4 wires. Black, red, white, green. You only need black and red.

You need to connect a gator clip to the black wire, strip back the insulation on the black wire with a pair of scissors,(start to cut it, but don't cut into the copper wire pull off insulation.) Take the copper end and wrap it around the screw on the gator clip. Screw in the screw.

Take the red wire and strip some of the insulation. Fold the wire.

Hopefully there is a hole in the very center of the battery center post shove the folded over copper end of the red wire into the hole. Clip the black wire onto the side of the brass colored screw in of the battery. Do Not let the clip touch the center post.

Plug in the other end of the usb charger, plug that into the wall. As long as nothing smokes or pops you should be good.

This should charge your batteries. Be careful. However we're only dealing with 5v. Do at your own risk.

Maybe you have a child or relative or friend that could help with this if you aren't comfortable with it.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
What part of Houston? I'm on the west side near I-10 and Kirkwood. I have an extra 510 charger sitting next to me as I type this. I have a 5 site with 5 'mains' and some Tornado batteries on the way.

I'd be willing to meet you somewhere and pass the extra 510 charger to a fellow vaper. But I am in the middle of cooking dinner. Just waiting for water to boil. I'll be available in ~30 minutes if you're interested.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
one charger and batteries at work

one charger and batteries at home

one charger in my truck

spare batteries and juice in a case logic pouch which i always carry with me

i try to never be cought off guard :)

I'm the same way. I have a 12v-110v inverter in my truck. I carry a man bag with all my vapestuff in it. I just use a regular wall charger in the truck, on the road. Or if I want, I just pull out the PS 5v pt and use the 12vDC-USB adapter.

I was a Boy Scout. "Always be prepared".

This is an amazing thread. All kinds of folks trying to help another member make it through a tough time. I am impressed and proud to be associated with you all.

:thumbs:

shelbyman

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Houston. Tx USA
What part of Houston? I'm on the west side near I-10 and Kirkwood. I have an extra 510 charger sitting next to me as I type this. I have a 5 site with 5 'mains' and some Tornado batteries on the way.

I'd be willing to meet you somewhere and pass the extra 510 charger to a fellow vaper. But I am in the middle of cooking dinner. Just waiting for water to boil. I'll be available in ~30 minutes if you're interested.

I use to live over at Kirkwood & Westheimer but that area has become dangerous the past few years. I moved ~2yrs ago. I now am at 59& Hwy90 near Dulles High School. I have my broken atty 401 working for now, so I think I can last until I get to work early Monday. My 510 will be for the morning wakeup!
Thanks for the offer. I do appreciate it very much.

shelbyman

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Houston. Tx USA
This is an amazing thread. All kinds of folks trying to help another member make it through a tough time. I am impressed and proud to be associated with you all.

Yes, it does impress me also to have a group of people willing to help one another at a moments notice. You don't see that too often these days.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I use to live over at Kirkwood & Westheimer but that area has become dangerous the past few years. I moved ~2yrs ago. I now am at 59& Hwy90 near Dulles High School. I have my broken atty 401 working for now, so I think I can last until I get to work early Monday. My 510 will be for the morning wakeup!
Thanks for the offer. I do appreciate it very much.

That's actually the intersection I live closest to. Actually, Shadowbriar and Westheimer is closer. But yeah, the neighboorhood has declined due to a certain natural event a few years ago.

Sounds like you got stuff figured out. If you do end up needing it just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread