Legit Batteries....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I bought 4 Sony VTC5 batteries from an on line site I have used before. They are also listed, everywhere on ECF as a trusted, reliable source for authentic batteries. I have never rec'd batteries with white stickers (semi attached, slightly peeling off) with the battery specs before. (see pic)
I haven't bought batteries in 9-12 months so maybe things have changed???
Your thoughts?
2cntbnr.jpg

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I got 8 batteries with different specs and two different brands from two different companies. All 8 had stickers like yours. The only batteries I have that don't have that white tag came from ebay before I took advantage of the ecf knowledge.

(edit) I ordered all 8 batteries from 2 vendors on Mooch's list

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keelalagirl55

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The only way to maximize your likelihood of getting authentic batteries is to order from a known (to those in the industry, not just yourself) vendor. Authentic batteries may have stickers like you've seen. Or they might not. Counterfeit batteries are equally likely or unlikely to have such stickers.

Mooch lists some reliable vendors here (bottom of the page).

Baditude's list is here (search for 'vendor').

If you got your batteries from one of those sites, I can't guarantee that they're authentic but I can assure you that the sticker itself does not indicate a problem.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I ordered these from one of the vendors on the list. (I only order from these vendors) I don't want to cast stones or a negative light on the vendor, as long as these are legit. They just look weird without the factory inked specs like I am used to.

The factory inked specs are often found under those stickers. I don't think they strategically place those stickers, so yea...some are over the specs.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I ordered these from one of the vendors on the list. (I only order from these vendors) I don't want to cast stones or a negative light on the vendor, as long as these are legit. They just look weird without the factory inked specs like I am used to.
    The factory inked specs are under the sticker.
    As Topwater said, it's a shipping requirement.
    I've gotten "foil" stickers and white ones.

Edit: Keelalagirl55 beat me to it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread