Lemo 2 coil build

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
Just got one of these bad boys. I'm trying to rebuild the coil and failing miserably. I can build on the Kanger STM fine. This thing throws me of because of the way the legs get tucked and bent under. Does anyone know of a really good build tutorial? I found a couple on YouTube but they haven't really helped. I thought this was a good beginner tank but I'm thinking otherwise now. Please help.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Don't worry about tucking the legs under into the holes, just trap them directly under the screw heads. It's much easier.
Screenshot_2015-09-20-10-38-07_zps4qrsygbc.png

DangVape

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2015
Montreal, QC, Canada
BTW I just switch my screw with M1.6 x 3 mm Cheese Head Screw, The head is larger and more "square" so much easier to fit fat coil underneath it. Doing fused clapton 28g Nichrome 40g Kanthal wrap sweet.

Altho 40g kanthal is a pain to wrap. In retrospect not such a great idea to go that thin for my first clapton. Failed so many time before making a semi decent wrap. I had to make a jig with ball bearing snap swivel (I used smaller snap swivel than on the video). But now it is sweet.

I got my screw from amazon but you may find somewhere with cheaper shipping.

11qofw3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MagicJosh

Frederick Hew

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Malaysia
Hahaha I'm not sure, I just grabbed the photo off the web to give the OP a visual. I run twisted 28ga in my Lemo at .9 ohm and it hits like a freight train at 32.5 watts.

Hahaha, i see! I intend to use 26g twisted kanthal for my lemo 2 when the shipment is here. Wonder what's the result...hehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread