Leo Battery Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johna

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi,

I wanted to hear some feedback from those who use Leo batteries on a regular basis.I'm curious to know if anyone has actually had to discard, if so, how long did it take... was it a slow process or an all a sudden they stopped working completely experience?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

Caelius Felix

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
I've had several Boge Leo batteries; two I had to send back because they ceased functioning completely (both were promptly replaced by the vendors, of course). Right now I have 3 in operation, since I vape quite a bit and have been using the dual-coil cartos, which drain the batteries faster. The oldest is about 6 months and is starting to require much more frequent charging, so it's probably about reached its allotted lifespan. I also have one of the newer Innokin 1000mAh Leo batteries, which seems weaker in the voltage area and doesn't hold a charge any longer than the standard 800mAh Boge batteries. It does have a convenient on-off function and changing light color to give a rough approximation of remaining charge, though. Overall, the Leo with dual-coil cartos is the best vaping combination I've found thus far, and I've tried quite a few.

Johna

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've had several Boge Leo batteries; two I had to send back because they ceased functioning completely (both were promptly replaced by the vendors, of course). Right now I have 3 in operation, since I vape quite a bit and have been using the dual-coil cartos, which drain the batteries faster. The oldest is about 6 months and is starting to require much more frequent charging, so it's probably about reached its allotted lifespan. I also have one of the newer Innokin 1000mAh Leo batteries, which seems weaker in the voltage area and doesn't hold a charge any longer than the standard 800mAh Boge batteries. It does have a convenient on-off function and changing light color to give a rough approximation of remaining charge, though. Overall, the Leo with dual-coil cartos is the best vaping combination I've found thus far, and I've tried quite a few.

The dual coil catos and the Leo battery was the key to my successful abstinence from analogs. I am finding the same with the oldest batteries requiring more frequent charging. I don't mind at all though...Now to see how long until its completely kaput ... I have not tried the Innokin, but they sound a lot like the newest Boge batteries.

Thank you for a great post!

Johna

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Finally received the new Leo batteries! I've been trying them out. Yeah, I like them, but what I really like is the 3 click on/off feature. It's hard to say if I like them better than the older Leo batteries because I really liked the blue LED the best. Anyway, I guess I'll see how long this thing lasts...

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I acquired a Leo about a year ago. The performance was roughly the same as the Go-go but the Go-go’s edge was in carto longevity. I stuck with The Go-go and The Elite.

After trying the Dual Coil/LR cartos for The Leo for the first time a couple of weeks ago … everything’s changed! I Am Hooked! And in my vaping future I will never be without these DC/LR cartos! At this point I can’t imagine how much better vaping can get. TH can’t get any better or I’d keel over while vaping. If any more vapor were produced I wouldn’t be able to see the computer monitor. The only possible area for improvement might be in regards to Flavor ... but I think that’s more of the function of the e-liquid, not the carto.

But this thread’s about batteries …

Since I am now solidly back in Leo-land again I needed to stock up. I clicked around and found E Cig Arsenal. Picked up a couple of end caps at a great price (the one on my Leo got dinged up some) and a couple of batteries: The Silver and my new favorite … Brown Marble. And of course I need (want) The Red, Titanium Gold, and another Matte Black would be nice.

My Leo from last year doesn’t have the on/off function or the button light changing color as the battery charge drops. My new Leos do and these functions improve an already phenomenal e-cig.

Added bonus Dept.

Shipping to Canada usually takes 10-13 days (or more). I received my E Cig Arsenal order in 7 days.

Johna

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
bobulex - Do you use an adapter with your Leo batteries to connect to the dcc or LR's then? I must agree with you - they are wonderful! The TH is perfect! As far as flavor, I've found that as long as I keep the dcc with plenty of eliquid and let it sit for at least 10 minutes on the intial fillup, it provides the best flavor of whatever I'm vaping.

Have you ever had a Leo battery die?

bobalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Do you use an adapter with your Leo batteries to connect to the dcc or LR's then?

Nope. No adapter necessary. These are Leo Dual Coil - Low Resistance cartomizers. From here:

Leo Dual Coil Cartomizer

... as long as I keep the dcc with plenty of eliquid and let it sit for at least 10 minutes on the intial fillup, it provides the best flavor of whatever I'm vaping.

I don't top off ... I rotate. I have two cartos in rotation. When it's time to top off I refill it, but use the carto I topped off the day before. That way I'm always using a carto that has been doing that capillary action thing and bathing the coils in e-liquid for a minumum of 24 hours.

Have you ever had a Leo battery die?

Nope. I only had the one from a year ago and it only got about 3 months continual use before I went back to Go-go Land. I just received two more 4 days ago so I'm not foreseeing any batt deaths for a long time.

This thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/leo/177814-your-dead-leo-batteries-2.html

seems to show that these Leos last a looooooong time.

Johna

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I gotcha... I have used the Leo regular xxl cartomizer and it was okay - I couldn't seem to overcome the largness of the mouthpeice... I'll bet the dual coil action is nice though.

I'm very happy with the 510 dcc used with the adapter and either an 801 tip that fits over the 510 dcc or nice drip tip. It's the right size for me; however, I might check out the Leo dcc just to see how it measures up for performance.

Thank you for your input.:)

DragonXIII

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
North Alabama
www.myclassicvw.com
Just my 2 cents.

I have had the same two LEO batteries from day one.
In early - mid 2011 I got the Royal starter kit as my first device (Two complete units).
I have not had any issues to speak of.
I have the privilege of being able to vape at work and and at home with the usb charge cable and "pass-through use" always available.
I have the two in use (not necessarily in rotation) at all times.
I have many DC/LR cartos with different flavors lying around so I'm never without a loaded carto,
At work I have small bottles of juice that matches the cartos i'm using in my lunch box in case i ever need to top off.
I do top off so I don't burn the carto. I hate that burnt wick / filler taste.
With the LEO Batteries and the DC/LR cartos Life Is Good.

I did order s third battery and had it about a week when I turned around and gave it and a DC/LR carto to my son-in -law as a Christmas gift. He has not had any issues with it either.

I Love My LEO
Steve J

Last edited:

Dan Clark

Mar 28, 2012
Albion, MI USA
Interesting indeed. Out of 2 Royal kits (4/2010) 3 batteries have developed problems, one was terminal and replaced by the vendor without complaint.

#1 overheated and was caught and yanked free after 15 mins of being plugged into the standard USB we've used for eGos for months without problems. After explaining to the vendor it was determined as defective and replaced.

#2 began continuous button/light flashing, discovered the USB connector was loose, and moving the USB cable made it do weird things. It still charges when we get the cable wiggled just right, and holds an average charge, but I don't trust it so it landed in the parts pile.

#3 developed button problems with sticking and firing whenever it wants, it too landed in the parts pile as unsafe. Yes I tried everything to clean it, thinking it was juiced or something, but to no avail.

2 atomizers also died within a month of moderate use, but that's another thread.

They seem chintzy for the same money of the eGo (eGo PT kit $34 vs Leo PT Royal kit $37) and I've never had a single problem with our eGos. The simulated marble coating on one battery is flaking and chipping, and the logo paint is gone after a mere month of use. Not the quality I was hoping for, and with the new eGo DC LV 4ml cartos out now it looks like I'll be going back to the sturdy dependable eGo.

I'll try one Leo Pro but if it has any issues the Leos will fall by the wayside for us, the bang for the buck just isn't there IMHO. We can't afford $17 for battery and $20 for 2 atomizers every month, that's insane.

Johna

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I feel really bad about your experience... especially when you expect excellence for a reputable product... on the venders behalf - the vender may have received a bad batch and you were a recipient of that bad batch. It does happen and when it does it puts a bad taste in your mouth for the product.

I do believe the Leo Pro is not a Boge product... you may want to try a Boge Leo and might have a better experience; however, the Boge Leo has a proprietary atomizer and uses 801 cartridges.

I have been using the Boge Leo battery with a 510 dual coil tank system. Of course I use a Leo to 510 adapter to allow the 510 thread connection to the battery.

I vape what I would consider heavy vaping and without a doubt, the performance is second to none. No battery problems at this point, but I have found, it is requiring more frequent charging as it gets older. I would call this normal. I still use the battery (non pass-through) that initiated this thread once in a while. It is over a year old...I use it when I haven't been near a power source to use the pass-through feature on the newest one.

I've not had issues with the coating on the black Leo battery body, but the gold trim did fade over time... too soon, in my opinion. I believe the Boge Leo battery product itself is quite a tough battery to beat for performance, durability, and price. The coating of the older Ruby Red battery (non pass-through) still has the gold color on the trim, but the edges have worn to silver and the paint has scratched due to extensive use and storage without a carrying case.

Additionally, I've had to replace the charging cord twice. But this is a cord that I move from room to room and out to the car. I think, with the consideration to the extent of use, this would be expected.

Leo is still my go to favorite...

Last edited:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I have six Boge Leo batteries that I only use in the evenings. They are all at least a year old - some of them are closer to two years old. In fact, two of them are unsealed which was the original design. They are old enough that they last for shorter lengths of time between charging now. I'm also a huge fan of the Dual Coil/LR cartos. It's probably time for me to replace my crew with fresher batteries, but I'm feeling a bit loyal to these.

DSC00153.jpg

DragonXIII

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
North Alabama
www.myclassicvw.com
Wow It has been over a year (Probably closer to two) with my LEO now.
I got my LEO Royal kit in mid 2011 and they are still functioning.
I have slacked off of the use of them and I don't use them every day but they are the two original batteries I got.
(Shame on me for slipping back on to analogs)
But I keep them with me every day and have a drag on them from time to time at work when a Smoke Break is not readily at hand.
But it is still the longevity of the original Sealed Pass-through LEO batteries that is impressing me.
I'm gonna have to order a couple of more of the originals before they are all gone.
(The new ones have the safety off feature and are supposedly different when it comes to life span)

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
i have six boge leo batteries that i only use in the evenings. They are all at least a year old - some of them are closer to two years old. In fact, two of them are unsealed which was the original design. They are old enough that they last for shorter lengths of time between charging now. I'm also a huge fan of the dual coil/lr cartos. It's probably time for me to replace my crew with fresher batteries, but i'm feeling a bit loyal to these.

dsc00153.jpg

simply beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread