Less expensive box mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMann228

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Gulf Coast, MS
Hello friends, I am looking for a decent parralle box mod with magnetic door for a price not over $70. I can't seem to find the right one for me. I am a veteran mech user and know battery safety and ohms law. I would be taking it to work with me so it needs to be tough and sturdy and can take a beating. Lol. I am pretty rough of my mech right now. Any and all suggestions will greatly help as also pictures. Thank you vaping family.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Have any of you had any experience with the big foot?

Yes Sir. Robust, simple, works every time you fire it. Zero complaints. It's not "dainty". but thats the price you pay for having a mod with a 4mM thick body milled from a solid chunk of aluminum.

Also, just noticed in your OP you'd prefer a magnetic door. This excludes the Raptor, but as you can see, the Bigfoot complies.

Size comparison with the Raptor:

22618709-B4AF-4FC9-94F3-A7CB16D58DE9.jpg

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Finger-fasteners is imho considered an improvement, because with many magnetic door mods, you still need a screwdriver to fasten the negative pin-screws for the batteries to make-contact properly and unrattle.

The thing that keeps me from it, is it's bulky appearance and weight. I know it's not more than many others, but still would prefer the lighter less bulky ones personally...

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Mosfet adds an electronic component to a simple circuit/mechanical system, if you're concerned with durability, this is a consideration. I don't have the box you refer to, but do have a Tesla Invader II with essentially the same circuit path, and have not had a lick of problems with it under normal (not hard use) conditions.

If your primary concern is durability, I'd be thinking pure mech. Either the Raptor or Bigfoot will be tough to improve upon. I run VTC5's in my Raptor, and chain vaping all day long on one pair is no problem. The screw in batt fasteners are in my opinion much more secure than the magnetic sliding door, and only an minor inconvenience once a day. The spring switch in the Raptor is a good solid flush mount, short throw switch. The Raptor is chunky for it's size, but keep in mind it's basically a solid block of aluminum with two battery size holes milled into it. Don't sweat the Delrin top. That stuff is very resistant to impact.

For a tough, take it to work and bash the heck out of it mod, honestly, I'd get the Raptor. For lowest price and fastest shipping, find a stateside eBayer with lots of good feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread