Let Me Introduce Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Hey all, just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I was a smoker for more years than I can count and smoked 1-1 1/2 packs a day or more depending on circumstances. I have been trying to quite for the last several years, but I was never able to kick the habit. It was not just the nicotine, but I liked the taste of cigarettes and I loved smoking. Well, a friend of mine has been vaping for a year or so and my wife told me to ask him for help to get started with ecigs and replace vaping for cigarettes. I was stubborn and did not believe it would help or be really that enjoyable. Well, at the beginning of September me and my friend were at Dragoncon in Atlanta(a large sci-fi and fantasy convention here in Atlanta) he gave me his back up Ego and some cartridges to use and try during the con. I continued to mix them with smoking at the con and afterwards he let me keep the kit. The funny thing was he told me as I was getting to like it more that certain things were certain about my future in vaping:

1. I would eventually stop using cartridges and would eventually go to cartemizers.
2. I would end up liking and vaping flavors that I would never imagine with analogs.
3. I could save money, but not for a while.
4. I would eventually try and possibly take to dripping
5. Eventually I would upgrade to a Mod

Well, within 2 days I did not want to smoke analogs any more as they were just not as enjoyable as vaping and they messed with the flavors. Now it is the middle of October and a week after he gave me the kit, I started playing with Cartos. I usually vape tobacco flavors, but I love things like apple, grape, strawberry shortcake and toffle to name a few flavors I am enjoying outside of my tobacco flavors(I get most of those from vaperite). Within three weeks I started dripping and now I pretty much only drip, slowly I have gotten to a point where I rarely use cartomizers. And the last kicker, I have ordered a Silver Bullet because the Ego does not have consistent enough production, after an hour it drops in performance and the vape experience is not as good as that first hour.

So, after a little more than a month and a half I have experimented with dozens of cartos, atomizers, juices by multiple manufacturers and numerous other vaping gadgets. While I primarily drip I am looking forward to trying some tanks. I have found not all atomizers are created equal and now primarily use Ikenvape atomizers(awesome) and I am still experimenting with other juices and equipment. My current favorite is the empiremod drip shield!

So after all is said I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I look forward to learning from and with all of you.
Chatter

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Congrats. You are so lucky to have a friend who vapes and willing to help you out in the beginning. Its hard not having someone to hang with to show you the ropes. LOL on a good note i am sure i will be the guy to convert all of my friends if i get into it.

Jerry B, ya got lots of friends here on ECF, crazy friends but....:lol:
it's worth getting into, giving up the smokes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread