Not open for further replies.

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
Here's my gang, Candy(Yellow Lab) Snickers(shih tzu) Pretty Girl(Chihuahua) Handsome(Chihuahua)

My wife named them all.
0626081505.jpg

1229071851a.jpg

1217071734.jpg

Last edited:

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Dalton .. beautiful animal you got there ... kinda looks like a wolf to me

Yea, I've been having a heck of a time brushing out his undercoat. I've never had a dog that needed that done before. Also, you can't tell from the picture, but he has the ice blue eyes common in the siberian husky.

Some time soon I will get a better pic of him on here.

Desolation Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Lexington, KY

Ever1ast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
SW FL Gulf Coast
Candy died today. My wife is a wreck. She was a good girl....a part of the family. 13 years old. It feels so weird not having her around.

That's awful...I'm sorry to hear that strpswpr. I think anyone posting in this thread realizes that they're not "just pets" and that they're truly part of the family. Please accept my condolences to you and your wife. If you have any more pictures of Candy I'm sure we'd all like to see them if you'll share them with us.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Here's my gang, Candy(Yellow Lab) Snickers(shih tzu) Pretty Girl(Chihuahua) Handsome(Chihuahua)

My wife named them all.
0626081505.jpg

Candy died today. My wife is a wreck. She was a good girl....a part of the family. 13 years old. It feels so weird not having her around.

:cry: I'm so sorry to hear this. I feel for you both. (((strprswpr and wife)))

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Question .. my two (Dexter the schnauzer and Tuska the catahoula, I already posted their pics previously) love to ride in the back of the pickup truck. Being both young (Dexter is 7 months and Tuska is only 9 weeks), I always use their harnesses and short-leash them in the back of the truck. They have never tried to jump out, they just hang their heads out in the wind and enjoy the breeze.

So to the question: at what age can you trust dogs without restraints in the truck bed? I see farmer kids driving around all the time with their dogs in the back, just not too sure how safe that is for the dog.

???

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
Question .. my two (Dexter the schnauzer and Tuska the catahoula, I already posted their pics previously) love to ride in the back of the pickup truck. Being both young (Dexter is 7 months and Tuska is only 9 weeks), I always use their harnesses and short-leash them in the back of the truck. They have never tried to jump out, they just hang their heads out in the wind and enjoy the breeze.

So to the question: at what age can you trust dogs without restraints in the truck bed? I see farmer kids driving around all the time with their dogs in the back, just not too sure how safe that is for the dog.

???

IMO never, you can never predict the future, i had a great dane i could trust with my life..most mellow fellow on the planet, UNTIL he saw a horse....he went from zero to stupid in under a second, i say better safe than sorry :)

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Tiffy ... I kinda feel the same way, took them to their friend, the groomer, this morning. When I lowered the tailgate, Dexter bailed out of the truck (or rather, tried to bail out). Thanks to his soft mesh harness, he just hung there, kinda like a parachuter hanging in a tree. Kinda funny looking but no harm :)

I love those soft harnesses, so do the dogs.

emilysunshine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
Texas
My dog loves to ride in the pickup. He has never tried to jump out. He rode on the hay bales this morning when we went to feed the horse. On the way to the pasture we have to pass by a house that has 2 dogs that are always chasing cars. They run beside the truck barking hysterically, and my dog just looks down at them like they are stupid. He has never barked at them once.

emilysunshine-albums-my-family-picture46866-rowdy.jpg

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
My dog loves to ride in the pickup. He has never tried to jump out. He rode on the hay bales this morning when we went to feed the horse. On the way to the pasture we have to pass by a house that has 2 dogs that are always chasing cars. They run beside the truck barking hysterically, and my dog just looks down at them like they are stupid. He has never barked at them once.

emilysunshine-albums-my-family-picture46866-rowdy.jpg
that's kinda funny

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
Tiffy ... I kinda feel the same way, took them to their friend, the groomer, this morning. When I lowered the tailgate, Dexter bailed out of the truck (or rather, tried to bail out). Thanks to his soft mesh harness, he just hung there, kinda like a parachuter hanging in a tree. Kinda funny looking but no harm :)

I love those soft harnesses, so do the dogs.
those are definitely nice ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread