Let's talk about Vapecrawler today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I assumed most everyone knew this by now, but apparently many members are still not aware.

I see countless members recommend Vapecrawler every single day as the best place to find the lowest prices on gear.

Vapecrawler is often made out to be the Consumer Report watchdog of the lowest prices on vaping gear. Do a search here on ECF and see for yourself the results. We have an epidemic of well-meaning but misinformed members giving advice to newer members who believe what they are being advised.

The simple truth is that Vapecrawler only lists vape gear prices if they are being "paid" by the merchant selling this vape gear. It is incredibly easy to consistently beat any low price listed on Vapecrawler with a little bit of Google search Kung Fu.

Like old radio broadcaster Paul Harvey always said: "And now you know the rest of the story"

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Thanks for this info, I never gave it much thought. I did notice the last time I used it that several of the online vendors I frequent where missing from the list. After going to those sites they did, in fact, have better prices than vapecrawler listed. So again thanks for the wake up, my laziness runs rampant when going unchecked. Seems like something that I should have realized, of course they aren’t doing it outta the goodness in their hearts. Money makes the world go round.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I assumed most everyone knew this by now, but apparently many members are still not aware.

Yep! I've posted the same info about them several times at least, in the last 2-3 years, but people still recommend them as sort of "the go-to place" to find the best deals. ;)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Yes, but it is useful nonetheless. It gives a quick comparison of prices for several (paid) websites all at once. Don't use it exclusively but use it as another tool.

Most of the reviewers are also PAID in some way. Lots of information (and selective information and misinformation) on the web is financially motivated.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I've never used that site, mostly because that is how most of the price comparison sites work so I assumed this one was the same. I just let Google find the sites, and I like finding the deal. Thrill of the hunt kind of thing. Vapecrawler is like a deer hunter going to a deer farm, results can be quick and easy but you loose the thrill of the hunt and sense of achievement.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I just went there and it did pretty well with a tank I have. It's good to get a round figure on a new device. I don't visit often tho because it was mostly China direct that I don't use.
    But yeah, if I have to go to Google to get complete results, might as well just start there. I mean hey, Google does that also.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I’ve recommended it to some folks and have used it a couple times but since I like the research I always found better prices. I usually forgot about it anyway until I would read someone mentioned it and then I may regurgitate that same info. I’m a little ashamed of myself, if I would have gave it an ounce of thought, I would’ve known it was pay to play, but oh well.
    Hot tip though, if you really want the best deal you can use vapingmegalist dot com. Unlike them shysters over at vapecrawler, this place is all unicorn kisses and lollipop dreams. They are just trying to find us the best deal, no strings attached.
    Oh wait....I fell into another trap.....OK sorry about that.
    Now I found this NEW place that lists the best prices......anyone know the definition of insanity??

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Wait.. So Vapecrawler is paid by Retailer X to list Retailer Xs competition as higher then Retailer Xs so that people buy from them thinking Retailer X has the lowest price when in reality this isnt true?

I use myVpro. Their less then a few hours away and ship at lightspeed. I was just stocking up on skme Yami/Sugoi juices for 15$ for their 100/120ml bottle. Yummy! Ooh I shouls probably list that in the deals thread!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I kinda look at Vapecrawler like I do e-Bay. Sometimes there might be some Great Deals. Sometimes, not so much.

I have used it in the Past. It's OK.

I Don't mind spending a Few Dollars more to go with a Company I have dealt with before. And/Or one that has a Good History for things like Shipping and Returns.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    j
    I kinda look at Vapecrawler like I do e-Bay. Sometimes there might be some Great Deals. Sometimes, not so much.

I have used it in the Past. It's OK.

I Don't mind spending a Few Dollars more to go with a Company I have dealt with before. And/Or one that has a Good History for things like Shipping and Returns.

Interesting, thanks for the info! Sounds iffy to me, I usually try and wait for sales then stock up a month or two and wait for another sale!

So its like an ebay for Vapor Liquid companies to sell retail directly to consumers?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

So its like an ebay for Vapor Liquid companies to sell retail directly to consumers?

Vapecrawler is just a place where Buyers can Compare Prices of Retailers who have paid Vapecrawler to list their items.

But as others have Mentioned, that doesn't mean that the Lowest Price on Vapecrawler is the Lowest Price out their. Only that it is the Lowest of the Retailers who are members of Vapecrawler.

I've looked for things before and found some Good Deals on Vapecrawler. I have also looked and seen that the Price is Better at my regular Go-To Vape Retailers that aren't listed on Vapecrawler.

So it's just kinda a Reference.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't think vapecrawler is great OR terrible I have recommended it in the past for folks who want to get a general sense of where they can get an item and/or to get a sort of price BASELINE type thing, usually with the caveat that yes, vendors will give VC a piece of the pie if someone purchases through it, or there's a listing fee, etc.

If sales aren't happening, if it may be a hard to find item, and/or of some vendor has overstock of what you need/want it can be useful. With that said, unless you are in a huge hurry, there are certainly equally other ways to find gear, sometimes at MUCH lower prices, or from vendors of a similar price but much less lengthy shipping times and etc.

So, it's not exactly good or bad, it's just one such service that I've occasionally found useful as a starting point (sometimes especially if I'm looking for something on the odd side) etc.

I do think there are better tools and probably the best is to do your own search as well as keeping an eye on promotions and etc.

Anna

Okay but do you actually have evidence for this claim? For the record, one of the head people at VapeCrawler just posted about this thread in ECR, and insists that not only do vendors not pay to be listed, but vendors who have paid for banner advertising have been removed from the site for having a history of poor customer service.

Of course I'm not posting this here to say I take them at their word. But at the moment these are just vague claims. Hence why I'd like to see some evidence (maybe both here and at ECR). VapeCrawler is rather popular over there and I rather like it myself. I already know I can sometimes find cheaper prices, depending on sales and such. But VapeCrawler has proven to be a great resource for getting ideas as to how much a product will cost. It's a starting point.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Interesting, the plot thickens. I assumed it was true but I suppose I should take him at his word unless someone has proof one way or another. It is nice to find a ballpark price for products I’m interested in and then I check my go-to vendors to find the best price.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2015
    Philly Suburbs
    I have this heard directly from very reputable and well known national vendors. Honestly, you may believe whatever you wish to believe of course. I was convinced enough to post it here. How do you suppose they stay in business? Are you making the claim it a volunteer not for profit, good Samaritan website?

You need to go stomp your feet and demand answers from VapeCrawler to prove otherwise. Sorry, but I will not open myself to lawsuit to satisfy your thirst for drama.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread