Let's talk flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

talbrecht

Verified Member
Jan 6, 2009
NE Texas
I see videos and read threads about how wonderful flavors taste with that device, this build, that build, cotton, hemp, mesh, sub ohm whatever. What I would like feedback on is not how to get better flavor but when that is achieved, what percent of flavor intensity compared to the real thing are you saying is the "WOW" amount. I know flavor is very very subjective so this will be all over the place and there are so many factors involved so lets use a very simple example.

If you were eating an apple and that flavor is a 10 and then vape apple and what percentage of flavor saturation is your WOW.

I think that I am getting some pretty amazing flavor now that I have learned to rebuild, use an RDA, cotton wicks etc and I am putting the flavor saturation at maybe a 3?

I hope you understand what I am asking. I just want to see what others think is great flavor.

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
As a flavor chaser myself, it's a question I find myself asking frequently. "Can I improve flavor, or is this it?"

#1.) I would say juice is such a nuanced tease and can differ highly from batch to batch, vendor to vendor, flavor to flavor. The impact on end product is instrumental and difficult to quantify and re-produce to exactness. Not only that, but consider the influence of as you mention, builds, wicks, personal preference. Maybe even so far as our own individual capacity for tasting in the first place. What are you left with? One highly vexing equation. The search for an ADV sums up this conundrum as well as it could.

One thing I know for certain at least, generally good, premium juices are typically just that. Does it mean you'll love it? No. But it's probably better than the stuff that is known more for being cheap and chemical tasting.

#2.) Sometimes I get a good 8, 9, maybe a 10 once and a while. When it's good, it's damn good. I try to enjoy it while it lasts and not worry when it's not there. If I can get at least a 5 or 6 in flavor, accompanied by satisfying vapor and TH... then I consider it a great vape and am happy enough to continue vaping it. If not, I'll re-do my build or switch to a different flavor for a while.

Of course YMWV (Your Mileage Will Vary). I'm not sure there's some trick to getting perfect flavor every-single-time. Just wanted to share my thoughts and hopefully put things in another perspective.

Vape well, vape often :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread