Lg he4 18650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Charge cycles play a huge part. I use an rc charger on my batteries and give them a couple of cycles before I put them in my mod. It makes a big difference. The speed at which you charge the batteries also plays a part in how well they perform. The slower the better. There's some serious scientific crap going on during battery charging and the faster you do it the less accurate it is at shoving positives between negatives :)

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Has anyone with an HE4 decided to unwrap to tell me what it should look like unwrapped?

I'm just curious because I ended up buying two HE4 batteries on Ebay (I know, I know... but it equated to an extra $13 or so for the two batteries packaged with a Nitecore I2 so I figured why not), and one of them ended up dying on me. My girlfriend was using it at the time but she assured me she didn't put it in upside down or do anything out of the ordinary with it, it just stopped working. I tested it on my multimeter and it was somewhere below 1 volt so I haven't even tried to charge it since... And yes, it was fully charged before use.

But I have another one and I don't know if it's all that safe to use. I decided to (carefully) cut the wrapper off of the potentially defective one I received just to make sure it wasn't re-wrapped or anything, and it wasn't.

I can see a couple characters on the actual battery, though. "E" by itself up top. "5" slightly below and eschew. "A03" toward the bottom with either "213A" or "313A" directly below that. It also seems a little more dinged up than a brand new battery should, but what do I know, this is the first time I've ever cut the wrapper off a battery like this.

Can anyone tell me if this seems like a legit battery or a counterfeit? I'd like to know so I can make sure to not use the other one, and so that I can inform Ebay and demand a refund from the seller.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Just received my 1st 18650's ever! I am a hardcore 14500 guy until now. 1st charge on the charger at 6pm today @ 3.59v both, now 8:22pm the charger is at 3.6v lol..
My 14500's would be almost done 2 hours later..
Charging at 450ma is slow as a turtle but if they benefit I will keep them at 450ma..
5000mah 11 hours lol I gotta get accustomed to this..
Yeah engineers love the HE4's too, when I saw the sale on ........'s I jumped on in, that free shipping is a huge winner for me..

They run better after a good break in so at this rate they will be broke in by 2020.. Most awesome lol

Fearlessleader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Portland TN USA
Hopefully the "supersubohm" using mech mods will slowly die out with the advent of 150+ watt regulated mods, with voltage and amperage limits built in, able to provide the heat without the risk. Seems the newest ones even have high temp detection and temp control, high tech will win out.

Re: personal experience, consider the statistical analysis....if there are a million subohm vapers on mech mods and 0.01% have a bad experience, that means there are a hundred people running around with third degree burns and a drip tip permanently logged in their nasel cavities....:(

If people like to sky dive, drag race, downhill ski racing and otherwise engage in risky behavior, have at it, know the real risks, understand the necessary safety precautions and go for broke!!

Rant on
Personally I would like to see folks give up the whole idea of supersubohm It just one of those thing its high risk and can lead to someone getting hurt. That lead to giving the anti-vapors ammunition. Some guy is pushing mech mod .2 ohms with a efest batt that blows up in face and next thing you know there trying to pass some other dumb law or find some more reasons to tax it. Same with the wax and dry herb stuff that get vaping associated the use of drugs that may or may not be legal more ammunition for the Anti-Vapors. I used my vaping to quit smoking the stinkies and without vaping I would still be puffing up 2.5 to 3 pack as day. Right now I would like to see all the crazy extreme vaping and waz and herb stuff left out of the whole seen. Now if these Supersub ohm guys sure don't need to do that to get off the stinkies and well the wax dry herb guys came get the job done with a rolling paper but if that supersubohm guy blows himself up and some dude gets picked up by the 5 o with his dry herb and wax stuff in his car carrying a few kilos of coke then its see that leads to hard drug use and then the guy that blew himself up brings out the see we told you vaping is not safe nonsense,

Ok Now I don't really care if some guy blows his head off supersubohm. I look at it as he just helped clean out the gene pool I really don't care about the other guy that got pinched by the 5 O there a good chance he will OD and help out that Gene pool again. But the Anti-vapor squad just got themself's some nice stories to blow out of proportion and a few month later I am back on them overtaxed Stinkies as the state I live in used all that crap to find a way to to pass a law to either tax the H*ll out vaping stuff or outlawed it altogether.

Just my 2 cents
Rant off

Now the Batts I just make this really simple. The HE2's and the HE4's and really great batts for about 7 to 8 bucks they work great for doing my .5 sub ohm and give me a super nice puff count before needing a charge. I sure that that the new HE4 got some minor changes but to tell the truth, I have not seen anything different from my recliner parked in front of my 50" big screen while looking like London Fog just rolled in living room. So here it its HE4 HE2 all good I love them just getting ready to order up another pair to put in my Vapor Flask DNA 40 this is where I get my Batts super fast shipping and good prices LG He4 18650 high drain IMR Li-ion battery 3.7V Orbtronic*

VAP ON !!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
Rant on
Personally I would like to see folks give up the whole idea of supersubohm It just one of those thing its high risk and can lead to someone getting hurt. That lead to giving the anti-vapors ammunition. Some guy is pushing mech mod .2 ohms with a efest batt that blows up in face and next thing you know there trying to pass some other dumb law or find some more reasons to tax it. Same with the wax and dry herb stuff that get vaping associated the use of drugs that may or may not be legal more ammunition for the Anti-Vapors. I used my vaping to quit smoking the stinkies and without vaping I would still be puffing up 2.5 to 3 pack as day. Right now I would like to see all the crazy extreme vaping and waz and herb stuff left out of the whole seen. Now if these Supersub ohm guys sure don't need to do that to get off the stinkies and well the wax dry herb guys came get the job done with a rolling paper but if that supersubohm guy blows himself up and some dude gets picked up by the 5 o with his dry herb and wax stuff in his car carrying a few kilos of coke then its see that leads to hard drug use and then the guy that blew himself up brings out the see we told you vaping is not safe nonsense,

Ok Now I don't really care if some guy blows his head off supersubohm. I look at it as he just helped clean out the gene pool I really don't care about the other guy that got pinched by the 5 O there a good chance he will OD and help out that Gene pool again. But the Anti-vapor squad just got themself's some nice stories to blow out of proportion and a few month later I am back on them overtaxed Stinkies as the state I live in used all that crap to find a way to to pass a law to either tax the H*ll out vaping stuff or outlawed it altogether.

Just my 2 cents
Rant off

Now the Batts I just make this really simple. The HE2's and the HE4's and really great batts for about 7 to 8 bucks they work great for doing my .5 sub ohm and give me a super nice puff count before needing a charge. I sure that that the new HE4 got some minor changes but to tell the truth, I have not seen anything different from my recliner parked in front of my 50" big screen while looking like London Fog just rolled in living room. So here it its HE4 HE2 all good I love them just getting ready to order up another pair to put in my Vapor Flask DNA 40 this is where I get my Batts super fast shipping and good prices LG He4 18650 high drain IMR Li-ion battery 3.7V Orbtronic*

VAP ON !!!!!!!!
I can see the super subohm trend falling to the waist side soon enough with the regulated mods getting better and better. I think 0.5ohm is pretty darn safe, so subohm will stick around for a while to come. But the super low 0.1ohm stuff is getting replaced with high watt regulated mods with people vaping 0.5 or 0.8ohm coils.

Oh course, as soon as a better heating element shows up in the scene... everything will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread