Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Can't I set it at around 10 watts in vw mode?

Sure.

The discussion was that some VV/VW mods don't support step-down voltage - the IPV D2 is an example. Let's say that you have a 1ohm coil and you want to vape at 5 watts. Your mod would need to fire at 3.16v. If the battery has a voltage of 4v the mod would need to step down the voltage. For mods that do not support step-down, they use the battery's current charge, so instead of 5 watts you'd get 16 watts, much hotter than you may like. The example that I gave above with your 3ohm coil is that if you used a mod that doesn't support step-down (your iStick Pico does support it, so it's moot) that you would have to go below 6 watts on a fully charged battery for you to see this issue (also a moot issue unless you like a really weak vape below 6 watts).

bgoracy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
New Hampshire
Sure.

The discussion was that some VV/VW mods don't support step-down voltage - the IPV D2 is an example. Let's say that you have a 1ohm coil and you want to vape at 5 watts. Your mod would need to fire at 3.16v. If the battery has a voltage of 4v the mod would need to step down the voltage. For mods that do not support step-down, they use the battery's current charge, so instead of 5 watts you'd get 16 watts, much hotter than you may like. The example that I gave above with your 3ohm coil is that if you used a mod that doesn't support step-down (your iStick Pico does support it, so it's moot) that you would have to go below 6 watts on a fully charged battery for you to see this issue (also a moot issue unless you like a really weak vape below 6 watts).
Got it. quick question, I currently use a provari set a 5 volts for my 3.0 ohm cartomizers. What wattage should I set the pico at to get about that same voltage? I am thinking it would be around 10 watts but am not sure as I have a 2.5 provari that doesn't show watts.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Got it. quick question, I currently use a provari set a 5 volts for my 3.0 ohm cartomizers. What wattage should I set the pico at to get about that same voltage? I am thinking it would be around 10 watts but am not sure as I have a 2.5 provari that doesn't show watts.
    My 3ohm carto is showing 7watts @ 5volts. My 20watt istick won't give more than 9watts @ 5.4volts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread