lg hg2batteries????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
In a regulated mod you can still over current the battery and cause meltdown. the mod does not know what the capabilities of the battery are.
A regulated device is less likely to explode on you though just go into meltdown and vent. Not good. The only reason is that they atre less likely to explode is because most will just blow the battery door off or somesuch VS using a tube mod that contains all the venting and explodes.

In the Sigeli in TC at 140 watts? Might work ok in TC mode since it will throttle down once you reach temp.
In TC mode I doubt that you will hold at 140 watts.
I would not run it in the Sigeli in watts mode though at 140.
And running at high wattages you will not get the full 3000 mah out of it either.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    As long as your using them in a regulated mod you don't need to worry so much as the built in safety features will prevent major issues I'd never go that low on a mech mod that is where you might have issues.

You must have a lot more brass in you jeans than I do.
    If I was going to use that build in a 140 watt tc mod I would use HG6 batteries instead of HG2s.

Where you would most likely have a problem is when the battery is at it's lowest voltage (almost ready for the charger) The lower the voltage .. the higher the amperage required to maintain the selected wattage/temp.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    140watts/6.4volts=21.875amps the mod requests the most at the lowest battery charge, 3.2v per battery. So no, the HG2 is not the ideal battery for that mod. A simple search would have answered your question.

Answer I gave just today, first page of general discussion
    Batteries.....

Tyso17

Nov 19, 2015
    In a regulated mod you can still over current the battery and cause meltdown. the mod does not know what the capabilities of the battery are.
    A regulated device is less likely to explode on you though just go into meltdown and vent. Not good. The only reason is that they atre less likely to explode is because most will just blow the battery door off or somesuch VS using a tube mod that contains all the venting and explodes.

In the Sigeli in TC at 140 watts? Might work ok in TC mode since it will throttle down once you reach temp.
    In TC mode I doubt that you will hold at 140 watts.
    I would not run it in the Sigeli in watts mode though at 140.
    And running at high wattages you will not get the full 3000 mah out of it either.
    what would be a safe wattage to run with these batteries at .2 ohm in a tfv4

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    does single vs dual battery matter with regards to amps?

Depends on the mod design and configuration.

Mech mod, single battery the battery must be able to handle all the load at a full battery charge, 4.2v. So to see your requirements, you would use in a calculator for Ohm's Law, 4.2v and your coil resistance, personally I suggest for any mech mod you run Sony VTC3, Sony VTC4, or LG HB6 30amp batteries.
    Mech Box mod, parallel dual battery configuration, here in this config your base voltage stays the same, 4.2v, yet load is equally distributed across both batteries, Samsung 25R for instance, 20amp CDR, 2500mah per single cell, in a parallel config it becomes 4.2v, 5000mah, 40amp CDR you can do.
    Mech Box Mod, series dual battery configuration, here voltage is doubled, yet Mah and Amp CDR stay the same as a single cell, again Samsung 25R again, 2x in series, voltage is 8.4v, 2500mah, 20amp CDR in this configuration.

Regulated mods, play a little differently, max CDR is at the lowest charge state of a battery instead of the highest, most regulated mods stop firing at about 3.2v to 3.6v. So you take your max wattage, divide that by lowest battery state, gives your max CDR the mod will ever need.

Sigelei 150watt for example, runs in series, see above, we double battery voltage here, so, 150watts/6.4volts (3.2v X2)=ending potential max CDR you will need, which is 23.4375amps, only batteries that can handle that are Sony VTC3, Sony VTC4, and LG HB6 30amps
    Sigelei 100watt, runs in series like its bigger brother, 100watts/6.4=15.625amps, any battery 15amps or above will work in this application LG HG2, Samsung 25R, Samsung 30Q, Any Sony VTC Series, LG HB6, LG HE2/HE4
    iStick100watt, parallel battery config, mah and amp load are shared between batteries while they provide 4.2v, so 100watts/3.2v=31.25amps no battery can handle that, but if the lowest the iStick will fire at is 3.4v, 100watt/3.4=29.412amps, again Sony VTC3/VTC4, LG HB6 for this application
    Sigelei 75watt, single battery, 75watts/3.2v=23.4375amps, at 3.4volts 100/3.4=22.06amps, here you can fiddle and wiggle a bit, LG HE2/HE4, Samsung 25R, Sony VTC5, MNKE (all 20amp CDR), Sony VTC3/VTC4, and LG HB6 can be used, just depends on how safely you want to skirt the boundaries

A lot of people are surprised by just how much math is involved in vaping, learning the variables of your equipment goes a long way when it comes to safety.

Hope that explained things a bit better for you.

Last edited:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    Never trust your personal health and safety to a piece of electronic gear made in China. Know what your gear is asking your batteries to do. Don't buy re-wrapped batteries. Never use a battery with a CDR under 20A. If I'm over 75W or under .25 ohms, I use a 30A battery. That leaves a safety margin that I'm comfortable with no matter what the resistance/voltage/wattage, and it's easy to remember. If you don't want to break out the abacus and slide rule every time you vape, follow this advice and you will be fine.

Reactions: Jdurand

sparkky1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    My concern with that is that as batteries age, the CDR degrades. After 6 months of running them at 22A, they will be shot. The CDR rating will fall to somewhere in the 15A range. If you try to suck 22A out at that point, bad things might happen. VTC4's are about $1 more each. Better to spend a couple of bucks more on batteries now instead of a couple of thousand on new teeth later. This can happen when you run a .25 om build on a 15A battery.
    Mech mod disfigures a e-cig user, sad.
    :2c:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread