Status
Not open for further replies.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Well, I wanted to make this post before I went to bed, because of something I have noticed the past week or two that I have been using Nuport WOW and Turtle (Since god knows when).

For one thing, there is a difference in color, Turtle is a dark, thick liquid. When you pour it out, you can tell how thick it actually is.

Nuport WOW is a light, thin liquid and you can just tell by the same way, pouring it into a condom.

Now there is something you have to watch for with thin liquids and thick liquids alike, and I will list what I have found for you guy's.

Thin Liquids, or light liquids:

1) With thin, or light liquids, you have to make sure you have extra carto's on you because they will be used up quick, and even a cool cart will become hot.

2) With thin liquids, the carto will not gunk up (as much) as a darker liquid, or clog as much. This is a good thing for us, because it means we can use the carto's over and over again more then you can with a dark liquid.

3) the down side of a thin liquid, you will have to refill them more often.

Thick Liquids or Dark Liquids:

1) The good thing about a dark, or thick liquid is that they stay cool, in a cool cart, and usually do not heat up as fast as a thin liquid.

2) The carto you just filled with a dark liquid will last (personally) a day or two longer, because the juice takes (I am assuming here) longer to burn off since it is thicker.

3) Now you may ask yourself "Why don't I go with a thick liquid? They last longer in a refilled carto, and they do not heat up as much" well here is your answer: They gunk carto's up a lot more, and since they become gunked, they lose flavor a lot quicker.

All in all, you are either going to be buying more juice, or more carto's, but either way remember to enjoy vaping.

I hope this helped some of the new people and if anyone has anything to add, please comment below, and I will ask if I can copy and paste it.

If any of the veterans have anything to correct or add, please feel free to do so as well, and again I will ask if I can copy and paste into here.

Vape on,
Krazie Kid

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
For the most part my experience has paralleled yours when it comes to most dark vs. light juices.

But I've noted that Nuport tends to gunk up my carts faster than wowboy, which I have no explanation for. (I only use wow carts as of now, cool carts are a tease).

I find myself flushing/washing the nuport cartomizers ~5 days, while I can usually stretch the wowboy cartomizers for about 8-9 days.

The big variable here is the cartomizer. I've noticed that some just burn hotter than others. I'm not sure if this is related to the color (doubtful, as I'm assuming large batches are produced then split up and stickered at once). More likely its slightly ohm variations in mass production. Even more likely its in my imagination :) But as an example, I recently got a pack of wow gold carts that would burn up after 3-4 drags and require immediate topping off. I don't mean marshmallow flavor, I mean straight up BURN.

I dissected one, and lo and behold there were multiple burn holes in the polyfill after very limited use (10-20 drags total) V4l sent me replacements. I've never burnt carts even after prolonged abuse, and perform random dissections regularly to make sure I'm not vaping polyfill :)

The replacements work great, but run much cooler than my black/blue/green wow carts. Not enough of a difference to complain, but noticeable! And they can run longer without a wash.

Good post!

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Cyrus Vap sir it's ohm variance from carto to carto, wow and cool carts have quite a large fault tolerance range, and have never seen a box where every carto was the same resistance. As for the dark vs light debate Krazie sir heard it for a very long time, and have a good reason I disagree with it. There are 3 major factors in how fast a juice will clog up the coil on the carto not to mention polyfill-

1- vg content, higher vg faster it will clog
2- sugar content- Cyrus Vap sir that's why you're having issues with nuport wow
3- certain flavors- cinnamon will destroy the coil faster, same goes for mints

The reason why I don't believe in the light vs. dark juice theory is gunslinger vs. peacemaker. Peacemaker is as clear as clear can be. Gunslinger is a nice dark brown. Can get 4-6 refills out of a carto with gunslinger, 4 max with pacemaker. They're both higher vg, peacemaker is very high vg though. Now compare peacemaker to nuport wow, get 6-7 ml's through a single wow carto with it. The last flavor to compare is smilin premium. Smilin is a nice dark red, darker than nuport wow or pacemaker. Get between 7-9 ml's through a single carto. If the color of the juice played into that, then from all my tests lighter color juices clog up the carto faster, but know that simply to be untrue. The color of a juice means little, it's the content.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
I'd have to agree with Morandir on this, from my somewhat limited experience of juices.
I use Wow Nuport, and for some reason I have to clean after every use - and that's around 5 cartos a day! Wowboy Peppermint is a darker, pinker juice that to me is thicker than Nuport, and though it doesn't take the full amount of juice, I can get away with using multiple times before cleaning.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Cyrus Vap sir it's ohm variance from carto to carto, wow and cool carts have quite a large fault tolerance range, and have never seen a box where every carto was the same resistance. As for the dark vs light debate Krazie sir heard it for a very long time, and have a good reason I disagree with it. There are 3 major factors in how fast a juice will clog up the coil on the carto not to mention polyfill-

1- vg content, higher vg faster it will clog
2- sugar content- Cyrus Vap sir that's why you're having issues with nuport wow
3- certain flavors- cinnamon will destroy the coil faster, same goes for mints

The reason why I don't believe in the light vs. dark juice theory is gunslinger vs. peacemaker. Peacemaker is as clear as clear can be. Gunslinger is a nice dark brown. Can get 4-6 refills out of a carto with gunslinger, 4 max with pacemaker. They're both higher vg, peacemaker is very high vg though. Now compare peacemaker to nuport wow, get 6-7 ml's through a single wow carto with it. The last flavor to compare is smilin premium. Smilin is a nice dark red, darker than nuport wow or pacemaker. Get between 7-9 ml's through a single carto. If the color of the juice played into that, then from all my tests lighter color juices clog up the carto faster, but know that simply to be untrue. The color of a juice means little, it's the content.

Wow Morandir, I haven't had to clean my carto's yet (for nuport wow) and they taste as they did when I first filled them. I use about 1-1.5 carto's of nuport a day, and I have 1 nuport and 1 turtle that were blanks and filled the same day, about two, three weeks ago? And the nuport still tastes normal where as the turtle has dropped a lot. I figured it would be the color difference since it is thicker.

I figured it was the color difference, but now I know it isn't, and thanks to you I know color is not something to go by then. Thank you Morandir.

I'd have to agree with Morandir on this, from my somewhat limited experience of juices.
I use Wow Nuport, and for some reason I have to clean after every use - and that's around 5 cartos a day! Wowboy Peppermint is a darker, pinker juice that to me is thicker than Nuport, and though it doesn't take the full amount of juice, I can get away with using multiple times before cleaning.

Hmm, I haven't cleaned a cool cart since i started using them (two of them are two months old) but there is a huge drop in taste from a new carto. I usually chuck them about 3 or 4 months old because they will not fill anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread