Lighting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkfist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
So I pretty much ruined my hardware stash :( I keep it under the sink in a big wooden box...well the sink started leaking...and I didn't notice till I wanted to vape with a different colored ecig. I guess it was leaking on it for quite a while since the box was filled with water and it was a slow leak. I lost 8 silver, 3 green, 3 purple and 3 white manual 510 batteries and 5 silver, 3 white auto batteries and my box mod. I killed 2 batteries yesterday by getting juice in the switch so I don't have any batteries. I broke down and smoked a whole pack of lucky strikes today...I feel like s**t right now. I have a killer headache and I'm coughing a lot. I don't think I can smoke anymore... I'll just have to get some dip or something to hold me over till my other mod parts get here. I also have a tube mod on the way but it will be here monday. :(

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
Did you try putting the batteries in a bowl of rice to see if they would dry out and work? There have been people whos PV's have gone for a swim in water that have been able to get their batteries to work again using this method.

rice..i would have never thought of rice..but nice...

Hiryu

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
USA
You could also look for disposable e-cigs in the meantime. I sometimes see them for sale at gas station convenience stores. Expensive, but worth a shot.

You could also try to Google for brick and mortar e-cig shops near your area. You may be pleasantly surprised and find one near you or you could still find a store within a reasonable (under 2hr) commute.

Really sorry to hear about your stash. :/

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
So I pretty much ruined my hardware stash :( I keep it under the sink in a big wooden box...well the sink started leaking...and I didn't notice till I wanted to vape with a different colored ecig. I guess it was leaking on it for quite a while since the box was filled with water and it was a slow leak. I lost 8 silver, 3 green, 3 purple and 3 white manual 510 batteries and 5 silver, 3 white auto batteries and my box mod. I killed 2 batteries yesterday by getting juice in the switch so I don't have any batteries. I broke down and smoked a whole pack of lucky strikes today...I feel like s**t right now. I have a killer headache and I'm coughing a lot. I don't think I can smoke anymore... I'll just have to get some dip or something to hold me over till my other mod parts get here. I also have a tube mod on the way but it will be here monday. :(

This is all normal.

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Wow, so sorry to hear of your loss. I would either follow Hiryu advice and check out any shops (I have one that is only 25 miles away and didn't know about it until someone from hear mentioned the shop itself) or look for disposable e-cigs. Also the rice bit does work with cell phones good idea IBankai. All great advice....

Yes, any emergency measure will do, something better than none. I never thought I'd see Kwanyin on ECF. Everybody's here.

funkfist

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Where did you find lucky strikes?

I have a time machine that only takes me to the 1930's.

Ouch!

There's a good deal going in the classifieds here that "might" be what you need....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eries-510-brick-charger-510-wall-charger.html

I already spent all my ecig allowance on a tube mod but thanks :)

I already knew about the rice but thought they were gone since they were under so long, I'll give it a shot.

guitarmeetsjake

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Amory, MS
Omg.. I would FLIP OUT if this happened to me, and I only have one ecig and a few juices.. Sorry, man :/ It's going to make me reconsider about where to stash my hardware. I was going to hide it under the sink at my dorm when I move in, but now I think it's safe to say that that's a terrible idea..
Disposable ecigs, cheap deals, letting the rice absorb, sun-drying, it's all listed here. Good luck to you, my friend! I hope whatever you do works out okay. Stay off those nasty analogs! Otherwise, yes, you will continue to feel miserable D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread