Limitless RDTA help. Burnt taste each time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel_Black

Feb 28, 2017
20170228_202441.jpg 20170228_202441.jpg 20170228_202817.jpg 20170228_202825.jpg Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding out what I'm doing wrong each time with my RDTA. It constantly tastes burnt, even with fresh cotton. I cut the cotton just above the glass. I ensure both coils heat up at the same time and evenly. I've tried thick and thin cotton, but still no luck. So far, my RDTA/rda experience has been pretty bad.

Thanks

*Edit*
Also to add onto it. I have this pack for coils.
demon-killer-8-in-1-prebuilt-coil-box-kit-3.jpg

Last edited:

Colonel_Black

Feb 28, 2017
Make your wicks a little bit longer and make sure you tip up the set up so your wicks stay soaked. Once the cotton gets burnt it needs to be changed.
I've just added the pictures mate. Didn't realize they didn't add before.
I've made the wicks as long as I've seen is recommended. Take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think please.

Colonel_Black

Feb 28, 2017
Fire it with wet wicks and the cap off and make sure no parts of the coil glow red, those legs(of wire) look a little long
I think it's just the angle of the picture as they are very short.
The cotton is soaked and not dry at all.

Just changed the coil to a Clapton. Tastes a little better but not much

Attachments

• clapton.jpg
    clapton.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 201

Colonel_Black

Feb 28, 2017
There's your problem!!
I use to use cotton bacon and I have learned it does not wick as good as the good old Japanese cotton squares.
Try using the squares and let me know how it wicks.
Remember to remove the 2 outer layers of cotton and make it fluffy.
I'll have a shop around for some and give my feedback, thanks.

scutterflux

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Canada
I just picked one of these up, how much cotton is in the juice channels?
Try thining out the cotton tails going into the juice channels, and leave a bit of room for air to get by, you don't need too much space and could maybe get by with this done on only one channel.

Also I think cotton bacon wicks better than Japanese, at least I have better luck with it.

Just looked at the photo and it looks like you're stuffing too much cotton in the channels, but I could be wrong.

Colonel_Black

Feb 28, 2017
I just picked one of these up, how much cotton is in the juice channels?
Try thining out the cotton tails going into the juice channels, and leave a bit of room for air to get by, you don't need too much space and could maybe get by with this done on only one channel.

Also I think cotton bacon wicks better than Japanese, at least I have better luck with it.

Just looked at the photo and it looks like you're stuffing too much cotton in the channels, but I could be wrong.
I had the tank full on the RDTA, but it still tasted terrible. I tried to space out the cotton by using scissors to fluff it.

I've tried three types of cotton now, but still having problems.
I've just got the Pharaoh RDA and still having trouble. I don't want to give up and go to premade coils as they cost a bomb. Can someone help me on this please?

Colonel_Black

Feb 28, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread