Limitless RDTA Plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Regarding the diameter versus the length ratio, aren't the posts a bit far from each other?

Pre-bend the legs as required before mounting the coil. 24g Ti coil with what I call "slightly" spaced wraps.
IMG_20161030_084410_196-1.jpg

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Regarding the diameter versus the length ratio, aren't the posts a bit far from each other?

I just space my coils after wrapping them 6 or 8 times depending on the wire. Currently running 26/36 SS Clapton, 6 wrap spaced, 0.23ohm at 450f/75w on my rx200s

edit: I am running the limitless combo with 510 drip tip cap and a merlin tip. the chuff cap was too airy for me

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
slm" data-source="post: 19056253" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
slm said:
@cigatron That's neat and tidy! I like the way you bent the legs. I need to practice that. I tried once or twice and it didn't work out so well.

Looks great yes! Got to practice too. I remember the hassle with the Lemo, and hope it will be easier with the Limitless. :)

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
I just space my coils after wrapping them 6 or 8 times depending on the wire. Currently running 26/36 SS Clapton, 6 wrap spaced, 0.23ohm at 450f/75w on my rx200s

edit: I am running the limitless combo with 510 drip tip cap and a merlin tip. the chuff cap was too airy for me

Thanks for mentioning the 510 drip tip cap. Searched for it, but couldn't find it, until I found out I had been using the adapter as drip tip. :banana: Much better with a standard drip tip than the adapter. ;)

Last edited:

ErrrKT19

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
c.r., co
Picked up the Geek Vape Karma kit on Sunday. I love my Limitless RTDAs, but gotta say that the construction of the Karma tops it. It's heavy duty and solid!

I'm up to 12 RDTAs at thus point, and have my eye on 2 more lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
dang that's some serious RDTA action >=)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Do tell.........
Yeah... i want the Vgod kit and the Limitless RDTA Mod kit (mech, not the box).

However, I'm now seeing the Demon Hunter and Iron Maiden and Mage...

Somebody stop me!

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Yeah... i want the Vgod kit and the Limitless RDTA Mod kit (mech, not the box).

However, I'm now seeing the Demon Hunter and Iron Maiden and Mage...

Somebody stop me!

Demon Hunter looks interesting. Noticed how they adopted the air bleed hole idea originated by Aspire with their Quad Flex. Great idea! :D
As I've said before, I believe we'll be seeing more rdtas with those air holes into the tank. :pervy:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Bought the Ammit because of it being a single coil, but compared to the L+ with a single coil it's not near as good. I favour the L+ over the RTAs I have, anyone think the same? I think I will only buy RDTAs from now on.

I'm with you friend, nothing but rdas and rdtas in my daily rotation these days.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
My first take on the bent coil. It was pretty easy, but will try to bend it so it will not be as far out the next time, even though it works fine, and I have read that it lessens the risk of spit back having it far out.

cameringo_20170115_212936.jpg

SS316L, 26awg, 3.5mm, 0.45Ohm. Running it at 65 watts and 260C (500F). Fiber Freaks D1 wick. Can chain vape with it.

What other RDTA(s) is/are worth buying at the current time, which support a single coil build? Will consider the Smok Skyhook when it arrives, but it doesn't look as it supports a single coil build.

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
My first take on the bent coil. It was pretty easy, but will try to bend it so it will not be as far out the next time, even though it works fine, and I have read that it lessens the risk of spit back having it far out.

View attachment 628561

SS316L, 26awg, 3.5mm, 0.45Ohm. Running it at 65 watts and 260C (500F). Fiber Freaks D1 wick. Can chain vape with it.

What other RDTA(s) is/are worth buying at the current time, which support a single coil build? Will consider the Smok Skyhook when it arrives, but it doesn't look as it supports a single coil build.

Nice job, looks great nocigs. I'm not sure what offerings for single coil rdtas are out there. I'll take dual coils at 65w vs. single.
With that 26g SS wire I'd be winding up a couple of 3mm 7wrap slightly spaced coils to lob in there. I think you'll find the flavor to better.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Nice job, looks great nocigs. I'm not sure what offerings for single coil rdtas are out there. I'll take dual coils at 65w vs. single.
With that 26g SS wire I'd be winding up a couple of 3mm 7wrap slightly spaced coils to lob in there. I think you'll find the flavor to better.

Thank you cigatron, very nice of you to say! :) I agree. The flavor is not top notch. Had slightly better flavor with the SS316L triple twisted I had in it before this. Will make a dual tomorrow, thanks for the advice! Too tired now. Guess it's between the Ijoy Combo, Classic or Avocado 24, or wait for something better, as I'm very happy with the L+, and got to think about how much money I have got left too.

This coil works great in the other L+ I have. No wicking problems at all, even with chain vaping. Using the Fiber Freaks D1 here too. Triple twisted kanthal 28awg. Using it on my Noisy Cricket in unregulated serial mode. Flavor is awesome!

cameringo_20170113_155553.jpg

Last edited:

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Built dual coil 28awg, 3.5mm, 8 wraps, which is at 0.5 Ohm combined, but not very happy about it. I think I prefer a single coil triple twisted over this. But, might be because I'm got a bit of a foul taste in my mouth, and is dead tired. Will try again after brushing my tongue. :)

Add: Seems I got a bit of burnt rayon there. Building when tired... Pushed it up to 250C (484F) and got temperature protected message. Forgot to trim the wick tails. Coils looked perfectly lined up before the wicking, but 3.5mm makes the ring that's screwed to the glass difficult to place without pulling on the wicks.

cameringo_20170116_201419.jpg

What's good about a dual coil is that it doesn't take long to empty the tank. Will fix this first
when it's empty, if I can get the glass off...

cameringo_20170116_202643.jpg

Last edited:

yvaiwhy

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2017
Maldives
Thank you cigatron, very nice of you to say! :) I agree. The flavor is not top notch. Had slightly better flavor with the SS316L triple twisted I had in it before this. Will make a dual tomorrow, thanks for the advice! Too tired now. Guess it's between the Ijoy Combo, Classic or Avocado 24, or wait for something better, as I'm very happy with the L+, and got to think about how much money I have got left too.

This coil works great in the other L+ I have. No wicking problems at all, even with chain vaping. Using the Fiber Freaks D1 here too. Triple twisted kanthal 28awg. Using it on my Noisy Cricket in unregulated serial mode. Flavor is awesome!

View attachment 628587

Try some nichrome. Started on Kanthal, went to SS316L and then to nichrome80 and never looked back since. But every now and then just for the sake of not wasting good wire I build with some SS316L [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Try some nichrome. Started on Kanthal, went to SS316L and then to nichrome80 and never looked back since. But every now and then just for the sake of not wasting good wire I build with some SS316L [emoji23]

2+2=5 [emoji102]

Nichrome80 is great yes, beside it cannot be used for TC. Buying a DNA mod which I just did, it makes it kinda a waste of money not using it for TC.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Built dual coil 28awg, 3.5mm, 8 wraps, which is at 0.5 Ohm combined, but not very happy about it. I think I prefer a single coil triple twisted over this. But, might be because I'm got a bit of a foul taste in my mouth, and is dead tired. Will try again after brushing my tongue. :)

Add: Seems I got a bit of burnt rayon there. Building when tired... Pushed it up to 250C (484F) and got temperature protected message. Forgot to trim the wick tails. Coils looked perfectly lined up before the wicking, but 3.5mm makes the ring that's screwed to the glass difficult to place without pulling on the wicks.

View attachment 628735

What's good about a dual coil is that it doesn't take long to empty the tank. Will fix this first
when it's empty, if I can get the glass off...

View attachment 628739

Hey, you're definitely getting there nocigs! Looking good!

On my L+ with 3mm coils I run my AFC at half open. That matches or is just slightly wider than the length of my coils. I find I get better vapor and flavor density that way. You might try reducing the spaces between wraps some to speed up ramp time and try closing down the AFC. The flavor should really pop.
Oh, and definitely thin those wick tails so they barely, but completely, fill the wick channels.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Land of Oz
Hey, you're definitely getting there nocigs! Looking good!

On my L+ with 3mm coils I run my AFC at half open. That matches or is just slightly wider than the length of my coils. I find I get better vapor and flavor density that way. You might try reducing the spaces between wraps some to speed up ramp time and try closing down the AFC. The flavor should really pop.
Oh, and definitely thin those wick tails so they barely, but completely, fill the wick channels.

Thank you cigatron! :)

That's great advice I didn't know about, so I'm very thankful for your help. :)

Got tungsten carbide micro drill bits in the mail today, and will probably buy a stand for the drill later today. Will hopefully succeed in making it a L++ before building it again. Or do I need a stand? Seems I have to pay quite much money to get one of good quality, and don't have any other use for it as I can think of.

Add: Trying without. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread