Liquinator vs J-Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
I would first like to say hello to all the members here. I have been lurking the forums for quite a while but this is my first real post here. This forum has helped me immensely in my journey of e-cig usage. I have just aquired the Silver Bullet along with the Liquinator AL and J-tank mods.

I must say that this is, by far, the best investment I have made. Here are the mods below.

IMAG0019.jpg

I am using the LR cartos that come with the J-tank. And with the Liquinator, I am using dual coil cartos. I am vaping new liquids I recently purchased from Alien Visions. Gorilla Juice, Boba, Hype, Root Beer, and Brawnie Blueberry. Without going into too much detail, I must say that these are the best liquids I have vaped yet. Although to be fair, I have only had liquids from Awesomevapor and BackwoodsBrew.

4-D42524B5-1738963-800.jpg

I have used the liquids in both tanks on the SB and the ego 900ma batteries. On the ego batteries, the throat hit was much, much stronger than anything the tank or other ego atties gave me. Also, the vapor was much thicker and in higher volume than the egos. The flavors shined through and my joy of vaping was once renewed.

The Liquinator AL 3ml is aluminum and very sturdy. I have read many cases in which the carto was very lose inside the tank. From my experience and from what I have gathered from the company, this problem is fixed, at least with this version. The carto actually fits very tight. The first time I tried to put the carto through the tank, I was afraid of breaking the o-rings. There has thus far been no leaking whatsoever. Just constant straight vaping joy. The 1 downside I have found is that the default drip tip that it comes with is the only one that fits snugly inside the carto. I have tried other 510 drip tips as well as 1 that I ordered from the company themselves. It is disappointing that their own drip tips, save for the default, will fit very loosely inside the tank.

The J-tank is a custom mod that can be found at electronicstix.com. I also ordered the 3ml version. However, I am not sure if it is truly 3ml. Note, I have been extremely lazy in testing it, but from what I can see visually, the tank seems to be a bit smaller than the Liquinator. I also can't tip it at as far of an angle when vaping as I do with the Liquinator. I tend to still vape as I was holding a cigarette so that might just be on me. The J-tank cartos have 2 holes punched in them while the Liquinator has a single slit.

Overall, I cannot tell much of a difference between the 2 tanks when vaping. They both produce a lot of vapor, great taste, and intense throat hit. I would recommend either of these tanks with full confidence to anyone that is interested in this type of mod. Regardless of what type of unit you use, at 3.7v these mods work beautifully. I can't even imagine what the throat hit at 6v feels like. [=

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Sounds and looks like you have your vaping future , all sewn up , for the time being . Welcome to the ECF , and try using a pair of pliers , and slightly squeezing the end of the carto ( Drip tip end ) , a little (slightly oval) But don't get too carried away . The other drip tips should work fine , now . Good luck .

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
Yes, I love the setup. The aluminum tank looks very nice. Didn't want to fork out the extra $10 for the stainless steel but I might in the future. I must say the J-tank is a way better deal, given everything, since it is half the price. I use the ego-t/ego-liquinator at work while I save the SB with the tanks for home use. They are well built and versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread