• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

List of local stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Not really. I've asked many tobacco stores to stock ecig and other reduced harm products (including Sarah's when it was under other ownership). I was making those requests even before I quit. It makes it a lot easier to try a variety of alternative products if you have a convenient and familiar place to buy them - even before the PACT act - and most smokers think about quitting for a long time before (if) they even try.

It also shows some business smarts to broaden ones customer base, esp. if your traditional market is shrinking.

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I found another couple of shops up in my neck of the woods for the list.

Twin City Vaping https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twin-City-Vaping/183189555179470

Located at 12076 Central Avenue NE in Blaine. I stopped in here today, great bunch of folks. They carry the Hell's Vapor e-juice line, and have a nice selection of batteries.

Infinite Vapor https://www.facebook.com/InfiniteVapor

Located at 79 85th Avenue NW in .... Rapids. I have not been here yet, just stumbled on their Facebook page. Will be stopping in very soon. It also looks like they may have a store in Brainerd.

VikingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
Minnesota
We don't have much on the east side (I'm in Stillwater). I think there is a Smokeless Image at Maplewood Mall (probably a kiosk) but that is it. I was able to go to our local tobacco shop (where I purchased all my cigarettes) and they had eGo-T kits. More expensive than online, but I figured for a starter set, I'd get them. After purchasing that set about a week ago, they just started carrying Simply Vapour liquid (a MN company).

I'm looking at purchasing (online) from Vermillion River since they are local. Probably get the next step up kit and a sampler of juices. If anyone knows of a brick & mortar on the east side, let me know!

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
After some digging, it appears that Hells Vapor is also a local juice maker. Both online and the 2 b&m that carry it sell 15ml for $14.99, so it's a little more expensive than the average. I'm going to pick up a bottle soon to see if it's worth the extra.

If you get a chance, VikingQueen, stop at the Vermillion River store. You can sample all their flavors, and the folks there are so nice! They also had a basket of pre-bottled juices on sale. I picked up a 30ml of the Kentucky Maplewood for about $10.

bfrie, that's great news about another b&m! More competition and better selection is a win/win for us, the customers! :)

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
After some digging, it appears that Hells Vapor is also a local juice maker. Both online and the 2 b&m that carry it sell 15ml for $14.99, so it's a little more expensive than the average. I'm going to pick up a bottle soon to see if it's worth the extra.

If you get a chance, VikingQueen, stop at the Vermillion River store. You can sample all their flavors, and the folks there are so nice! They also had a basket of pre-bottled juices on sale. I picked up a 30ml of the Kentucky Maplewood for about $10.

bfrie, that's great news about another b&m! More competition and better selection is a win/win for us, the customers! :)

I like Minnesota because for the most part all of the stores get along (minus two of them) so their isn't actually"competition"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I like Minnesota because for the most part all of the stores get along (minus two of them) so their isn't actually"competition"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

There may not be "competition" in the context that I think you are using it in. But I'm sure there is the normal business type of competition, as I'm sure that each shop would like to have the customers that are spending their money somewhere else. And they, over time, will do things to try and get those customers :)

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
There may not be "competition" in the context that I think you are using it in. But I'm sure there is the normal business type of competition, as I'm sure that each shop would like to have the customers that are spending their money somewhere else. And they, over time, will do things to try and get those customers :)

Nah the owners of the most established stores are all friends. We send people to vermilion all the time

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Walker843

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
I have another couple. These are in St Cloud, and I think both have just opened. I haven't been to either yet, but since I'm there a couple days a week on business, you can bet I'll be stopping in!

Megavapes
822 West Saint Germaine St
St. Cloud, MN 56301
Ph: 320-253-3532

E-Cig Emporium
202 Waite Ave South
St. Cloud, MN 56301

thatwierdguy

Oct 12, 2013
Minneapolis
OK, I'll have to edit this later to be more accurate and specific, but I thought I should mention: (in the Mpls/Richfield area, these aren't e-cig dedicated shops, but they now carry some e-liquids)

Golden Tobacco in the Hub shopping center has some cigalikes and e-liquids-possibly more hardware, I'll look more closely when I can take the time there.

Know Name Records (60th and-I believe-Portland, across the street from the SA and Dairy Queen) started selling e-liquids about a month ago, 90-95% one brand and the remainder is a small variety. Prices seem pretty good for the most part.

Again, I can edit this when I can get a closer look and take some notes, but if you're in the area...

todd0864

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone. With all the local shops around it can still be hit or miss for a quality juice. I'll give a shout out to a couple of my all day vapes. 503 Pomegranate from Smokeless Smoking and Jolly Grape from Vermillion River ejuice. Both are excellent and don't need steeping. In my short experience I've noticed that most juices I've tried have that little touch of chemical taste or something and I just don't like to vape them for more than a few minutes. But those 2 I mentioned are just awesome. If you like fruity flavors, do yourself a favor and check them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread