Little advice/opinions needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domi28

Jan 9, 2010
San Diego
My friend introduced me to his e-cig at a football game a few months ago and i loved it. I'm so glad i came across this site because it's helped me out significantly.

I'm looking to get the V-Kit Deluxe from volcanoecigs. com for about 69.99. I like the idea of getting 2 batteries and 2 attys. I'm wondering, is this a good starter kit for me? I really liked how much cartridges they give you for free on your first buy. Also, is this site legit?

I was also thinking about getting the blu, but a review made me look at Volcanoes after hyping them up more. Is this a common opinion, or was it just a lone one? I also liked reading about how good their customer service was. Also i was interested in the joye510. Out of the 3 how would you guys order them from best to worst?

After liking it from just trying odds are i will use it alot. As of Now i smoke about 1/2-1 pack a day. So i'm stoked about the money this could save in the long run as well. I'm just looking for some advice on what a newbie should get.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
Welcome to the world of vaping... now IMHO do not get the Volcano's or the Blu. In a short amount of time you will find yourself having to upgrade and it would not have been worth the investment.

As you mentioned and I am sure you have read across the forum, the 510's are the most common way to go. You can get your supplies from a large number of dealers for a lot less. A starter set of 510's would run you about $35.00 and think about refilling your own carts, it will save you even more money in the long run.

You may want to also look into the M401's which are also a 3 piece PV or a KR808 series which are a 2 piece unit. These are also great starter sets as with the 510's and will give you easy access to expanding and can be found on such dealers as LiteCigUSA.net, I have found Shawn to have the best pricing and excellent service. These units will also give you better battery life and reliability than the Volcano's and Blu.

Again this in my opinion but if you look around the forum you will find this to be a common thought. Enjoy which ever model you choose.

Domi28

Jan 9, 2010
San Diego
lright, forgive me i am still new and will ask what some may think to be dumb/obvious questions, but i dont know yet. And i'm going to ask because that's the only way i'll find out.

First off what is a PV? I know what you're talking about, but just curious as to what it actually means.

And also, How do you fill your own Carts? (like what would i have to buy/do to be able to do this) Because i figured it would be something you have to keep buying over and over and throwing away once you run out.

And thank you for the advice on the 510's. I still would like to hear what other people say (i mean no offense) so i can get a feel on what the majority people think. I'll have to go find reviews though, I like reason like you gave. No just a one word answer like some people leave.

Domi28

Jan 9, 2010
San Diego
Wow, I am so glad you responded. I looked at that site for 1 second and it seems like i would like it better. I haven't even looked at other products, just clicked on the KR808D-1 like you said. haha Thanks.

But reading it made me have another question. (sorry)

It kind of continues with the carts.

The KR808D-1 starter kit says it takes Cartomizers. I guess it is a Cart and atty put in one? Thats what it seemed. Does that mean every time i have to buy a Cartomizer? Or would i buy them seperately and put them together? It seems like it would cost more money this way.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
lright, forgive me i am still new and will ask what some may think to be dumb/obvious questions, but i dont know yet. And i'm going to ask because that's the only way i'll find out.

First off what is a PV? I know what you're talking about, but just curious as to what it actually means.

And also, How do you fill your own Carts? (like what would i have to buy/do to be able to do this) Because i figured it would be something you have to keep buying over and over and throwing away once you run out.

And thank you for the advice on the 510's. I still would like to hear what other people say (i mean no offense) so i can get a feel on what the majority people think. I'll have to go find reviews though, I like reason like you gave. No just a one word answer like some people leave.

Wow, I am so glad you responded. I looked at that site for 1 second and it seems like i would like it better. I haven't even looked at other products, just clicked on the KR808D-1 like you said. haha Thanks.

But reading it made me have another question. (sorry)

It kind of continues with the carts.

The KR808D-1 starter kit says it takes Cartomizers. I guess it is a Cart and atty put in one? Thats what it seemed. Does that mean every time i have to buy a Cartomizer? Or would i buy them seperately and put them together? It seems like it would cost more money this way.

First off, don't apologize for asking questions. it is how we all earn and you will find that there are a lot of people here that want to help you make the switch from "analogs"(cigarettes) to e-cigs. To answer a few of your questions:

PV stands for Personal Vaporizer--just anothe rname for an e-cig.

The 510 is a solid recommendation. It is a very common model that can be found at many many suppliers. If you ever decide to make the move to a "different" type of unit or "mod" as they are called, you will still be able to utilize parts from your 510(specifically the atomizers).

The KR808D is also a very popular unit. They utilize something called a cartomizer. As you indicated it is a combination of cart & atomizer. Orifinally they were intended to be uses once and thorwn away. However, they can be refilled many times and used until (1) the atomizer portion stops working or (2)the filler material in the cart becomes burnt or worn out(this can even be changed, but I won't go into that here).

You can look in the review section to see people thought on the various suppliers and models.

Keep those questions coming and Welcome!

Domi28

Jan 9, 2010
San Diego
Ah, i had a guess that's what it might have stood for, but i didn't want to be wrong and mess something up i had no idea about. So thank you for that.

I'm like the KR808D-1 model right now. And it's a plus because it's the only one that site has in stock right now. But i think i may like the idea of the cartomizer.

Ok, and let me see if i get this.

The Cartridge, holds the flavor? And the Atomizer is what converts it correct? Then as stated obviously the cartomizer is both. So it seems the Cartomizer would be easier, yes? But is there any negative effects to it if so? Is it prefered to have a Cartridge and Atomizer, or just the Cartomizer?

Also, what are some of the main sites that sell these? I liked the LitecigUSA one, but it appears to be out of most of their products. Is there any other Major companies/websites? I don't really want to have to buy from a skiddish looking site, you know?

Domi28

Jan 9, 2010
San Diego
A few more questions that just popped up. On another forum a guy was saying something about not using the atomizer?? I was under the impression that, that was an important part. So how would that work? What would be the plus and negatives?

Also, let me see if i have this correct as well. Manual means i have to push and hold a button to inhale and tell the PV to turn on. And Automatic is one where i just directly inhale? Is this correct? Because to me it seems like Automatic would be the easier choice, but it seems like everyone prefers Manual. So what are the Pro's and Con's of the two, and why does it seem like Manual is the preferred choice?

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
The cartridge hold the nicotine liquid(or juice). It has a filler material that "wicks" the juice to the atomizers. The atomizer heats up via power from a battery and "vaporizes" (hence the name PV) the juice so it can be inhaled.

Cartomizer certainly have much to recommend them. However, refilling them tends to be more involved that refilling a traditional cart. Nothing overly complicated, but it does require a little more effort.

You will find that the PV experience is mostly about what works best for you and your tastes. Opinions will vary greatly from person to person.

No matter which way you go, there are some "extras" you should get to help your experience go more smoothly.

Order some extra juice. Don't buy a lot of a certain flavor unless you absolutely know you will like it. At minimum you should buy 10-30mls so you have enought to refill carts for a week or 2 when starting out.

Extra atomizers(or cartomizers if this is what you decide). All atomizers or cartomizers will eventually stop working. SOme will last a month or more some will break in 2 days. It is the nature of the beast. At minimum, I would have 4-5 backup atomizers or cartomizers.

Extra batteries. Most units come with 2 batteries. It is recommended that you have a minimum of 4-5 batteries total. Nothing stinks more than being unable to use your PV because you are out of charged batteries................

Just some things to keep in minds.

Take a look at this link for some excellent info:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...strated-guide-e-cigs-parts-1-through-6-a.html

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
it seems to me that the 510 is less of a hassle than the kr808d-1 with the carts and atty's being separate. Wouldn't it make sense for cleaning? That's why I bought the 510.

The KR8 is definitely less hassle than the 510. I have several of both. I refill the cartomizer from the battery end without taking it apart. It works for me, and there is absolutely nothing simpler.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I've never tried to refill a KR8, but I do not quite see how it could be easier than refilling a 510/901 cart: Either pull the thing out, unscrew the liquid bottle, and drip onto the cart, then put cart back in and screw liquid shut. Or pull cart out, take syringe, put that in, push, pull syringe out, put cart back in, put syringe away.

Now how exactly is refilling a KR8 easier?

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I've never tried to refill a KR8, but I do not quite see how it could be easier than refilling a 510/901 cart: Either pull the thing out, unscrew the liquid bottle, and drip onto the cart, then put cart back in and screw liquid shut. Or pull cart out, take syringe, put that in, push, pull syringe out, put cart back in, put syringe away.

Now how exactly is refilling a KR8 easier?
Unscrew the cartomizer. Drip into the end that screws into the battery. Reattach. Vape

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
See Domi28

A simple question and you get so much good advise. As everyone has stated all 3 models we are discussing, the 510, M401 and KR808 each have their plus and minus like any other PV out there. Take a look through the forum and look up some reviews on each, some are even video reviews which will give you a better understanding of how model will look and work. Knowing yourself better than anyone else choose which ever one you feel more comfortable with, any one of the three are great starters. Remember anytime you have a question feel free to ask it and you will almost always receive sound advise here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread