Little help for my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooGoo

Oct 26, 2012
Madison, TN
Maybe encourage her to try something a little different than what she might have anticipated. I'm pretty new to all this stuff so I'm no expert or anything, just sharing what I learned about me so far...

I was pretty convinced I would LOVE the fruity and dessert flavors. I love fruit. I love dessert. I love fruity desserts... Easy peasy! What could go wrong? Well, I don’t like running around all day feeling like I just ate a mouthful of whipped cream. I can’t eat 20 pears a day and I don’t want to vape that many either. Though, they are delish and nice to have for a little change up during the day.

The thought I would want a tobacco flavor didn’t even cross my mind. I got one for my husband to try. He didn’t really care for it but I loved it! Ordered a bunch more from Heathers Heavenly Vapes. (btw your wife sounds a lot like my husband. He is still smoking cigs. But he likes a little setup for using in his car, I do all the setting up)

Right now, cause I'm sure this isn't the end, my favorite "all day vape" is White Rabbit from Alice in Vapeland. It’s slightly sweet and tastes kinda like toasted coconut. Described as being indescribable and delicate. It is a FAR cry from my full flavored Newport menthols or the in your face flavor bonanza I thought I’d be after.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
good luck! I think once she is in the store she will be so dazzled with all the choices available she walks out with more than tobacco flavor. prolly convince you to get her a new pretty battery and tank too :) (and more flavors)

she is already asking for them!!! prolly gonna get her them too.......

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My wife and I went thru the same thing...but in reverse. She found hers quickly...but it took me dozens and dozens of samples. My thoughts on the matter.
1. Your taste will change over time.
I thought I would have to have tobacco flavors...but that changed after a couple of months.
2. What you like to eat and what you like to vape are entirely different things.
I love to drink coffee, and eat chocolate. But I hate to vape them. Turns out I like fruit...who knew.
3. Samples, samples, and then get some samples.
Like I said, it took me at least 2 dozen before I even found out what I liked. Now I have at least narrowed it down some.
4. Except that you will be surprised.
Fruit surprised the hell out of me. I was sure, being a meat and potatoes kind of guy, that pure tobacco, with coffee and a side of choc cake would fit right in...boy was I wrong.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
Think we have a winner!!! We went dfw vapor. We went in she tried a .... ton of samples, found one she really liked!! Among all flavors, sour strawberry is wut she ended up with!! Doesnt hurt i also got her a 1000 mah egoc twist battery, along with givin her my vivi nova shes lovin vapin now!!!! Btw i gotta new zmax with a carto setup, its killer!!!!:cool:

neauxanalogs

Apr 19, 2012
Louisiana
Is the issue solely flavor or is there a more to it? For example, my wife didn't like vaping until I switched her to 100%VG. You may want to consider a rotation of flavors in multiple addies/tanks/cartos, because after a day or two, the flavor fades no matter what you are vaping (in my case and others as well.)

I know that isn't exactly a "wallet-freindly" approach so you may want to consider rotating a couple of flavors to begin with, then expand as her progress warrants.

Also keep in mind that the higher VG content liquids seem to have less flavor. Check your PG/VG ratio. If it leans towards VG, maybe a higher PG content if she is compatible with it (PG).

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Think we have a winner!!! We went dfw vapor. We went in she tried a .... ton of samples, found one she really liked!! Among all flavors, sour strawberry is wut she ended up with!! Doesnt hurt i also got her a 1000 mah egoc twist battery, along with givin her my vivi nova shes lovin vapin now!!!! Btw i gotta new zmax with a carto setup, its killer!!!!:cool:

Congrats and all the fun new vape toys and to your wife for finding a flavor she likes. However, it's a very good idea to have at least one other flavor on hand. A person's sense of taste can go on strike after vaping the same flavor for long periods of time. Drinking some water and changing flavors for a short time usually restores one's sense of taste.

bigdaddybrink1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
North Texas ya'll
pretty much a lesson she has learned, not to stick with one flavor only.....she keeps tryin to steal my mt dew, i vape at a 36mg of nic, she's at a 18, sometimes 24. She got one tankful of her vivi, and bout puked her brains out! HAHAHA, but i think if'n i get her a lower nic of mt. dew, and some other flavor, she'll be good to go. I've got a bunch of my own, that are all 36mg. of nic. That being said, we gotta get her on different flavors. Thank you all for your help!!!!
:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:
:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread