Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
No kidding! LOL.

Anyone wants o-rings AND rayon, lemme know. I only have 490 feet of Sally's, so act fast! ;)

I also bought a bunch of Native Wicks Platinum cotton from Lightning Vapes as they have an amazing deal (100ft of wire and Native Wicks or Cotton Bacon cotton both for $5-6). 6-7 packages of that should last me a a bunch of years too!
Yeah, and now I read about this interesting sounding cotton after just receiving a box of Japanese from Sephora, which will last me 10 years.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Ya well this is not so easy. The center pin is so lose that trying to get the oring around it it falls back in. Good thing there are 70 of these damn things cause I have blown through at least 10 already and still can't get one on. Even went to get some pliers and the ones I found are too big. Gonna have to get some for jewelry. ...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Ya well this is not so easy. The center pin is so lose that trying to get the oring around it it falls back in. Good thing there are 70 of these damn things cause I have blown through at least 10 already and still can't get one on. Even went to get some pliers and the ones I found are too big. Gonna have to get some for jewelry. ...

A Tweezer may work also...

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
never had to do one myself yet :blink:

O-RingReplacement1_zpsx29bjz6x.png

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Part of the reason for the needle nose is to hold the pin too.

Step 1. roll the o ring onto the pliers,

Step 2. spread the jaws and grab the pin gently holding it up.

Step 3. Roll the o ring off the pliers and onto the pin working it under as you remove the pliers.

It helps to have a small flat screwdriver to push the o ring in place. The pliers you want are the mini long needle nose or the mini c-clip pliers.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Thanks, that was a very good explanation which I'll save for what'll be needed sooner or later.
How about a video? LOL.

I'll probably make one next time I replace one. One bit of caution though. The pin is actually two pieces. The contact plate is press fit onto a smaller pin that goes through the top cap. If you pull to hard or pry against the side too hard you can pop the contact plate off. If that happens you will most likely have to pull the board carrier and top cap out to fit it back together. Since the pin floats, there's an insulator on the pin shaft that the contact plate will hit before it's completely pressed on.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Well after many many tries I gave up. I took a look in my spare parts drawer and found a slightly bigger oring and it worked. Got it on with no issues and I'll be damned if it didn't work. So back to happy wife, happy life at my house.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I'll probably make one next time I replace one. One bit of caution though. The pin is actually two pieces. The contact plate is press fit onto a smaller pin that goes through the top cap. If you pull to hard or pry against the side too hard you can pop the contact plate off. If that happens you will most likely have to pull the board carrier and top cap out to fit it back together. Since the pin floats, there's an insulator on the pin shaft that the contact plate will hit before it's completely pressed on.
ok, I think I understood that. The contact plate is the top of the pin which makes contact with the atty and around/beneath which the o-ring fits. Right?

Reactions: AstroTurf

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
ok, I think I understood that. The contact plate is the top of the pin which makes contact with the atty and around/beneath which the o-ring fits. Right?

Yep. The reason I know this is I made that oops the first time I replaced one [emoji39]

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
When u get your rings, we want video! :p
LOL.
You want a vid of me and my rings (which you were kind enough to send)?
Probably not, as I have big hands. Won't fit.
Or you want a vid of me putting a ring on a P3? That will have to wait until an o-ring tears. Hopefully not soon, but when it happens I promise a vid.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
LOL.
You want a vid of me and my rings (which you were kind enough to send)?
Probably not, as I have big hands. Won't fit.
Or you want a vid of me putting a ring on a P3? That will have to wait until an o-ring tears. Hopefully not soon, but when it happens I promise a vid.
I haven't changed one yet, but all indications are that it ain't no picnic. Hopefully none of us will have to change many of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread