Little to no throat hit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

xProxius

Feb 10, 2015
Covington,LA
Hey guys, I recently started mixing my own juice.But one things ive encountered whatever i mix has little to no throat hit.Mixing max vg juices most end up around 80/20 with 3mg of nic.Using vg base nic from ecigexpress.So far ive mixed up 5 different juices flavor is great but not having a throat hit is an issue for me...so the question is has anybody ran into this issue?If so how was it rectified?Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kenna

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I really prefer throat hit. I can't do high vg at all as I don't get the throat hit I desire, but also feels like it coats my lungs. If you're not allergic to pg, I'd suggest upping the pg content of your mixes. PG and nic levels are what gives throat hit. Also, I've found that trying to use super large coils, or heavy coils, like Claptons, and some of those crazy builds tend to cool down my vape and diminish some of that th. Just a matter of playing with your mixes a bit.

Reactions: Kenna

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The best you can do is try upping the NIC to 5mg and see if throat hit improves or get a different brand of NIC. Depending on what type of vape your making you may be able to improve throat hit with an ashy additive like inawera DNB but that's mostly for tobacco vapes.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Throat hit is a result of temperature, flavoring, PG and Nic. Hotter temps result in more TH, some flavors give more TH, PG gives more TH than VG, Higher nic results in more TH.

How you get there is going to depend what you adjust, Mod, coil, air flow, draw style or juice or all of the above.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I went ahead and bought some nic from vaportek.mixed up a small batch with 6mg and coughed my head off due to the harsh throathit.Thanks guys for the tips it seems the nic I was using was the culprit.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Have you actually tried Vaportek at 3mg to see how it compares EcigExpress? That would be the real test.
I am tempted to give the throat hit version of Vapertek a try although I am already satisfied with MyFreedomSmokes. It has a unique "tingly" or "peppery" sensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread