little white threads in 510 atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niccofiene

Nov 11, 2010
WY
Really new at this, can someone help out?

When I first got my 510 this weekend, the polyfill kept getting into the atomizer, no matter what I did. Slow little drags, good level of juice, didn't matter. I was about ready to pitch the thing across the room! I couldn't see how this was easy or fun. And the taste was indescribably yuck.

So, in the evening, I cleaned out all the little polyfill bits out of the atomizer with a toothpick. I starting seeing a lot of little clear plastic threads come out of the upside down mesh U...but the atty started working like a champ. No more stuck polyfill!

Now, I just got a new kit for my mother, and was loading it up. Took a good look at the atty, and noticed...something...in the U shaped metal piece. And, in reflection, I realize that the white threads of stuff I thought was polyfill that I pulled out of mine (almost looked like clear dental floss pieces) was this stuff.

What is that stuff? Is it essential? Did I bust my attys, or doom them to an early failure? On the plus side, once those clear plastic threads were gone, I didn't get the fill stuck anymore.

Appreciate any advice!

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

niccofiene

Nov 11, 2010
WY
Thanks for all the help! Now, by "keep the atty wet", you mean either drip every time, or always make sure there's a filled cart attached? What if I "store" an atty because I'm using a different flavor? Does it have to be stored with a filled cart? Such a learning curve for the noob, heh.

That burning taste was killing me, as was the &^%$# fill stuff getting sucked up in there everytime.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
You will be able to tell when the atomizer is dry. When you take a toot/puff/hit/draw if it is harsh or low vapor you need to drip a couple drops of liquid directly into the atomizer. You should get a drip tip and replace the cartridge with the drip tip. Then you will drip 3-4 drops of liquid in the atomizer for 6-10 draws/hits/puffs/toots (many names for the same thing), repeat.
No need to store with juice in the atomizer, I advise you not to. You should blow the atomizer out if not in use and fill with 3-4 drops before using again.

niccofiene

Nov 11, 2010
WY
Gotcha! But now I'm going to be paranoid about having a dry atty, haha, until I have a drip tip come in.

Also, one more stupid question: when you drip into the atomizer, do you drip on the mesh U shaped piece, or on the side closer to the coil? I know I could find these answers on the ever helpful youtube links you posted, most likely, but my baby boy is asleep and I left the headphones at work (20 month old with eczema that's an extremely light sleeper, hrmmph).

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I just take the filler out of a cart and use that instead of a drip tip. Honestly, I've just been too lazy to buy one. Just put two or three drops into the atomizer, wait a few seconds and vape away. The drops don't have to be right on the bridge. I promise you'll love the taste because it's cleaner and best of all, you won't be wasting any juice by dripping! Vape your head off and enjoy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread