Status
Not open for further replies.

project_zao

May 21, 2013
Marysville, Wa
This is a log of my victories and failures with this pv.

First cleaning of the switch after having for a few months, was very dark, maybe machine oil.
After I figured out how to completely disassemble the switch I did some tinkering to replace the spring and get it to all fit nicely.

Completed:
Widen the Air Hole (do not know size, used a larger "dental" tool, widened to likening with my usual 5 or 6 wrap)
Wire under brass pin (Bottom/Underside of firing pin) to keep locking ring in place / shorten throw (also TheJack post here, great)
Replaced spring because of many frustrations. Now is a brass motherboard "standoff" filed down for size and fitted inside a 510 "boot" (Also see the Chicago Screw)
Filed or cleaned all brass
Raised delrin insulator to help keep everything inside tight

Wanting to do: (thanks to TheJack)
Use the oven cleaner method to pull the anodized layer off... Anyone have recommendations for placing an image on the mod then giving it the chemical bath? Was thinking some Vinyl design cut out placed on and hope the liquid doesn't seep under the adhesives. Thoughts?

Im logging in to upload pictures now

Last edited:

project_zao

May 21, 2013
Marysville, Wa
Wire Under Brass pin.
Used a "binding" type wire used to keep a chicken fence on the poles. Cut with pliers, bent around brass.
Below is a picture of the size of the ring in comparison to the spring, and pin it will sit under.
IMG_20131004_143937.jpg
This is the play before
IMG_20131004_142659.jpg
And After
IMG_20131004_144339.jpg

With the above done I can sit it on the table and have no "wobble" when the unlock ring is completely "off" - which it will now not spin completely off its post anymore either. Very pleased with just this bit.

You can also see in the first picture above how clean I was able to get that firing pin, here is a little look at the dirt before
IMG_20131004_142956.jpg
And both clean barrel, clean pin
IMG_20131004_143505.jpg

Next post will have the "firing pin"

Last edited:

project_zao

May 21, 2013
Marysville, Wa
Converting the Spring into a brass knob inside a rubber shield was the product of about 4 or 5 hours last night, playing with coils, the bottom switch and seeing where my power loss / biggest loss was with this PV. Whatever I did I could only get her to fire when I was rotating the switch until I found a small spot which would actually fire the mod.
Here is the finished product.
IMG_20131004_142642.jpg

Some tools and bits you might be able to scrounge up around the house. (the scrub pad was for polishing the "barrel" above)
(Notice in this picture the direction the rubber boot pyramids away from the standoff, in others I had it backwards /explained below)
IMG_20131004_142503.jpg

Look at this picture, the screw hole in which you could put another standoff into is flat and can be filed slightly flatter. This is the side that should be towards the battery to stay flat. Lastly the 510 connector male "boot" should flare "down" so that it expands and fits inside the derlin. Its actually quite a nice fit, I may glue it but I like being able to still tinker later. If you put it on the way it is in this picture it will easily role around inside the mod.
IMG_20131004_142352.jpg
This picture shows the pin when pressed in
IMG_20131004_144406.jpg
And I tried to take a picture of how close the connection is inside. After you cut the post from the stand off with the pliers you will file down the "knob" until you can set it on the counter without firing :)
firing pin.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread