Long ago reo user, first time reomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trox.Shawn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Des Allemands, Louisiana
So, yesterday I decided to take a half of a day off of work and called my local post office to hold my TRA Reo LP Grand in order to have it in hand by noon rather than two hours later. I've owned an original Reo Mini a long time ago and loved it, but I fell of the path and went into vari-blank land.

Today I made my first sub-ohm coil, kind of, it is at 0.94 ohms and all I can say is, WOW!

My question is, how dangerous for the battery is this? according to the lighthound website (where I purchased my batteries) the IMR AW 18650 has a constant discharge rate of 10amps and according to the online conversion site (Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator) at 4.2v with a 0.94 ohm coil it is pulling 5.12 amps. Is this pushing the boundaries, or is this fine?

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
You're perfectly fine.

Feel free to go down lower if you fancy, just don't push below .65Ω-ish.

Your well within the limits of your 2000mAh AW, below .6Ω we begin to see some limitations of the current Reo button/spring.

Another FYI: You'll get longer battery runtime out of a 1600mAh AW than the 2000mAh one, especially at 5A and above current draw.

Enjoy. :D

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I like to push no more than about 70% of the max discharge amps of the battery. That's 7 amps for your batteries and = a .6 ohm coil but that could melt your button so don't go lower than .7 ish. The AW IMR 1600 is 24amp battery and can handle 16.8 amp loads with the 30% safety margin = coils down to .25 ohms.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Cool. Currently I have two 1600mAh versions and one 2000mAh version. I also have two Efest 2250mAh IMR18650 v2 batteries, but I cannot seem to find that specific battery anywhere to get the discarge rate. Granted, I've only looked about 10 mins this morning when I found the batteries in my laptop bag.

Your Efest are 10A limit.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread