Long-lasting attys for dripping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalSigma

Sep 27, 2012
United States
Hi all,

I've been vaping for about two weeks now and I'm loving it. For the past week and a half or so I've been dripping, which I find much easier and better in terms of vapor production and flavor. I got my atty from a brick and mortar store called VapeNY and it's working fine -- but I find I burn through an atty in about a week and a half. I'm going through something around 12-15 mL per week. Is there any kind of atomizer I can get that will last me, say, a month at that rate? Between juice and atomizers vaping is starting to get more expensive than my cigarette smoking was -- I got my analogs cheap and I was paying around $20/week for slightly more than a pack a day. Or can I buy atomizers in bulk somewhere for cheaper than the $8/piece that I'm paying now?

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last time I bought them, and admittedly, it has been awhile, you could get ten 510 atties from Vapor King for @$45 plus shipping. I have no idea what brand they are, but they're decent atomizers. No matter which brand you buy, you'll have inconsistencies - seems like every batch has one DOA and one Energizer Bunny.

You can also check out www.ValueVapor.com - Deep Discount Electronic Cigarettes. They sell bridgeless dripping atties for $4.99 each. I have never used them, but I've heard others speak positively about them.

If you want a warmer vape, you might try a 306 atomizer. Lots of people love them. I use them occasionally, but I find them to be too finicky, too prone to leaking and even more inconsistent than the 510s, all of which is probably user error, but there it is.

Hope this helps.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
atomizers are like light bulbs, some seem to last longer then a marathon while others barely get to a brisk walk before quitting. as far as lowering the cost of a atomizer it really depends on the luck of the draw. even the veterans will experience this, I've had atties die in a matter of hours and some still work from my original order back in sept. 2010

normally i would recommend trying a RBA but with only two weeks in its a higher possibility that you dont have a device that would check the ohms and protect itself from shorts. these can be found for various prices between $15 bucks and $60 bucks. when the coil pops you just rebuild it and back to vaping you go.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I would call them and find out exactly what attys you are getting from them. Attys won't last forever unless you get a rebuildable, but that seems awfully fast to me. The only non rebuildable I have right now is sitting on my reo and it has been working for 4 months now. It is just a LR 510 atty I got from Reo Mods for something like $4

daddysmurf

Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
North Carolina
I just bought some LR306's a couple days ago from VaporKings. Under the bulk section, they have a 10-pack for $45 shipped with their ecf coupon (search their forum). The 306's have wonderful flavor (to me), and generally lose their flavor before they pop. I use about 3 every 2 months at 3-4ml/day. As Lavaca5 said, they leak like a sieve. Also, you have to have a 306 tip (you can order that from vaporkings too and save on shipping).

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I recommend buying a RBA for dripping. Even though you've only been vaping for 2 weeks RBAs setup for dripping are a super easy build. They are much easier to build than a genesis or tank RBA. Got for it and watch videos on how to build wick and coil setup. Plus they are really fun to play with!:toast:

mgb_

Verified Member
Aug 26, 2012
asdf
I've purchased 3 attys from my local B&M for ~6 bucks that seem pretty good. I only drip to test new flavors or compare devices. I've probably put over 100ml through both with no problems though, often times leaving them for several weeks with juice in them. I usually soak them in vodka/alcohol and rinse them out real good before using again, do a short dry burn and they are good to go. Do yours just stop working?

I'm using the HH.357 cisco spec hyrbrid atomizer right now (long barrel). From all the reviews I've seen it seems like people are getting these to last for anywhere from 2 to 8 months with proper cleaning. I'm very happy with it so far, it's vaping like a train off my vision spinner. There is a bit of learning curve though. The first night I was using it it started leaking really bad and I was freaking out, but then I realized that I overfilled it and haven't had problems since. Check em out at avidvaper.com.

matrixxu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Timisoara, Romania
I change an atty when the flavour on it starts to get muted. Rarely had one fail in a mechanical way, but not all seem to be equal when it comes to long term use while holding good flavour. I clean my atties once a week with PGA , and i use a PGA+PG mix to just flush them out occasionally.
Consistent 510 : Biansi 510 LR ( usually 1,8 ohm ) , slightly on the airy side as it has four air holes instead of two, wich can help with bottom feeding, and can be fixed by using either a cone or a drip shield when using it for dripping. Had a lot of them over time, and i get more than 2-3 months out of one while running around 3ml daily through one.

Can't speak for Ciscos, and the HH357 short barrel took 3 days of being stubborn with it just to get the vapour production for wich they're renowned started. Flavour was great on it, but it requires different draw and attention, wich can be a pain when you use 3-4-5 different styles of atties on a constant basis. Doubt i'll get more, can't justify the price of it vs what it does.

Inconsistent atties ( meaning it's a matter of luck if you get a good or a bad one ) : joyetech in general , and Ikenvape was a massive dissapointment for me. Their 901 felt more like a random bad DSE901, 3 out of 4 510s had a rank taste, their 801Cannon (510connection) changed to rank taste in under 2 weeks. Won't be buying anymore IKV, at those prices it's not ment to be a lottery.

A lot of people like Bauway 306es aswell and Cisco 901s, probably can't go wrong with them. For me the most consistent atty model i've had is the Sailing Technology 306.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I've used lots of different juice delivery systems and some are great for different purposes but I still love dripping with an atty the best. :)

Attys are fickle things sometimes;) Some last for a long time and others seem to have a short lifespan no matter where they've been purchased or what the user does or doesnt do. Most often if attys only last a week or less before dying its due to user error and not the attys fault. The most common reason for an atty to die in a short period of time is the user letting the atty get too hot and dry for too long. Keep them wet and let them cool a bit between hitting the switch. Really long draws aren't an attys best friend ;)

Some juices are hard on attys too. I've found that cleaning too often isn't always a good idea BUT for some juices attys do need to be cleaned more often as the juice makes them gunk up quicker and even though they will work they don't work well when this happens.

To save money over the long haul rebuildable attys are a great choice. There is a learning curve to rebuilding them but its not difficult and the cost is low. I like the Phoenix RA dripping atty.

I purchase my attys in bulk from Greenhouse One for less then $3 an atty including shipping.

Zerrrro

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
West KY
Tossing in my 2 cents, I'd recommend rebuildables. You can get an A7 or Phoenix clone from DiscountVapers for less than $20. I personally use 32 AWG Kanthal A1 and Aunt Lydia's bamboo crochet thread (size 10). You can get the kanthal on ebay in 100 ft rolls for $8.90 and the bamboo thread on Amazon or Michael's for less than $10, and I believe it comes in a spool of 900 ft. That's enough wire and wick to rebuilt countless times, and the whole setup will cost you about $40.

The most important thing with rebuildables is having either a mod that can read resistance or an ohm-meter to measure your resistance. There's a bit of a learning curve to RBAs, but well worth it if you're trying to save money on hardware in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread