Looking 4 a mild e cig for parent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
When I was researching which to buy I found a video where this girl explains some differences between the 510, 901, and the small cigarette looking models.

According to her the 901 was "smoother". So perhaps one of the pen styles would suit her best. I got the 510 myself because when I smoked analogs I hit them hard and fast and wanted the throat hit everyone was talking about.

My understanding is voltage, atomizer, nic content, and using PG or Vg all have an effect on throat hit. You may want to invest in some unflavored and mixing supplies so you can tailor make small batches and find what is best for her.

Vaping has alot of variables and I imagine everyone goes through some trial and error with equipment and juice starting out. Everyone has different tastes afterall.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I used to smoke ultra lights and the 510 does me jsut fine - of course I couldve smoked way more of them than your mom :) I take slow long draws because hard shorter ones give too much vapor and I cough. For me its flavor over TH n vapor everytime - 24mg nic was too much, I find 12mg ok and am considering going lower.

antgod

Dec 27, 2009
Tacoma Wa
I used to smoke ultra lights and the 510 does me jsut fine - of course I couldve smoked way more of them than your mom :) I take slow long draws because hard shorter ones give too much vapor and I cough. For me its flavor over TH n vapor everytime - 24mg nic was too much, I find 12mg ok and am considering going lower.

The nic might be to high,and it could be that she needs to adjust to it not being a real cig,so she hasn't changed how she take a drag from it compared to a regular cig . thanks for the insight

Randy2010

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
Rosseau
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Spam

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I'd suggest the 901, the carts are interchangeable with 510s. I tried the KR8 and was underwhelmed, too many problems, too much hassle. 901 has a nice, mellow flavour, but I heard that the short 901 batteries can be a problem. (I only use them with an adapter on 510 batteries.) If you find that, you might want to try the KR8 batteries, which also fit a 901.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread