Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
Thanks Dracula. I appreciate all the input and with that said im going to just pick up a vv battery for now and stick with carto tanks. I'll keep looking at the links and watching and reading till I understand a bit more.

wasnt trying to harsh on you, i just want to make sure people are safe...

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I picked up a smoktech twist 900mah in metallic blue. Trying to figure out what voltage works best with the smoktech UDCT carto tank

It depends on the ohm load of your cartomizer. The higher the ohm the more power it takes to get a great vape, if your cartomizer is 2.5+ ohms then around 4v is optimal IMO.

2.5 ohm @ 4v = 6.4 watts

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
4.2v through a .7 ohm load is how many amps?
If a battery has a capacity of 1800mah and a c rating of 3.5 what is the max safe amp draw?
Can this load be run safely on this battery?
If you can't answer this, you aren't ready for mechanical+rebuildable yet

now you still can try rebuilding, but I would go with a regulated vv/vw device instead. 12-15 watt really is a lot of power. Get some good 10 amp cells (I love panny hybrids) and a zmax/vamo/provari or go with an mvp and get it all in one package. Get a nice little IGO-W dripper and try the two together.
A regulated device will only let you do so much. its limited in power but that's what makes it safe

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
now you still can try rebuilding, but I would go with a regulated vv/vw device instead. 12-15 watt really is a lot of power. Get some good 10 amp cells (I love panny hybrids) and a zmax/vamo/provari or go with an mvp and get it all in one package. Get a nice little IGO-W dripper and try the two together.
A regulated device will only let you do so much. its limited in power but that's what makes it safe

This is sane advice, a nice 15w/6v mod works safely without needing to do any math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread