Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm looking for a place to buy (China or USA) round coupling nuts or round standoffs within the following specifications...

OD: 3mm (but could go as wide as maybe 4mm)
    Thread size: M2 preferred if even possible for a 3mm OD nut, but smaller could be OK.
    Material: Preferably stainless steel but that's also not a 100% requirement.
    Length: Minimum of 6mm

What I'm looking to do:

To convert floating pin 510 heat sinks...

U2qEl87.jpg

...into threaded pin heat sinks (which are hard to find anymore)...

jZhiBTu.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Reactions: zoiDman

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Not Sure if these would work...

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Cylin...er+uxcell&qid=1607391297&s=industrial&sr=1-22

... but the Price is Right if they Don't.

Just wanted to post an update and to say thanks. I ended up buying these except I went with the 5mm version because they were stocked in the USA. Same as the one you linked to.

Being 1mm shorter would possibly pose an issue if I were to use screws with heads that are flat on both the top and bottom, like the ones in my 2nd pic. But I'm using countersink screws and I think the 5mm ends up being a better option because of that. Regardless, now I can turn my floating pin heat sinks into adjustable ones? :headbang:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Just wanted to post an update and to say thanks. I ended up buying these except I went with the 5mm version because they were stocked in the USA. Same as the one you linked to.

Being 1mm shorter would possibly pose an issue if I were to use screws with heads that are flat on both the top and bottom, like the ones in my 2nd pic. But I'm using countersink screws and I think the 5mm ends up being a better option because of that. Regardless, now I can turn my floating pin heat sinks into adjustable ones? :headbang:

Good to hear UncleJunkle.

:thumb:

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread