Looking for a 18650 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamBone

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Illinois
Hey all,

I just got some Ultrafire 18650 batts for my current PV the other day and they are a little bit bigger than the 18650 I use in my Ego T mod. So instead letting them go to waste or going through the hassle of sending them back Im looking for a PV that works with those batts. I hae looked through a few threads but havent seen anything that really catches my eye and or know if they work with those batts. Any advice or help on this matter would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey all,

I just got some Ultrafire 18650 batts for my current PV the other day and they are a little bit bigger than the 18650 I use in my Ego T mod. So instead letting them go to waste or going through the hassle of sending them back Im looking for a PV that works with those batts. I hae looked through a few threads but havent seen anything that really catches my eye and or know if they work with those batts. Any advice or help on this matter would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

I LOVE the way you think! Like buying some tires that don't fit your car so you buy a new car for them. Awesome! :thumb:

LeakiWick

Moved On
Dec 2, 2012
Tampa
I made the mistake of buying those bats also,,although they do work with one of my mods a Silver Bullet. after the fact while researching batteries for genesis type attys (which I also have on my silver Bullet now too)I unfortunately found out that out of all the 50 or 60 plus batteries out there they were one of the 3 worst according to the performance charts,,lol. so, I got new batteries and don't even use them anymore. Also, they are protected which is not good with genesis type attys because they shut down sometimes with low resistance or perform poorly. With these attys we are usually shooting for pretty low ohms with our coils. I now use AW IMR 18650 1600 mah and MNKEs.

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Definitely the Vamo (aka. Eagle, eGo APV, 3V, etc.). You cannot beat those Co-op prices if you don't mind waiting. The store prices now are $50 (Canada) $60 (USA) and dropping. A variable voltage, variable wattage, variable battery, (hence 3V) that is accurate (if you want, if not you can select Vavg, Lol) and no extension caps to buy, regardless of the battery combination you would like to use.

Sweet!

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Confused here. I thought an 18650 was an 18650 was an 18650. A size... just like if I go buy AAs a Duracell AA is the same size as an Energizer AA. Am I wrong?

There are button tops, flat tops, IMR's, ICR's, and unprotected, all being slightly different in length. In general the cells are 65mm long, but then if they add a protection chip or button top, they become longer.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 21, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    There are button tops, flat tops, IMR's, ICR's, and unprotected, all being slightly different in length. In general the cells are 65mm long, but then if they add a protection chip or button top, they become longer.
    Well gee, as long as they don't make it confusing or anything. :blink: Thanks for the explanation.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Moncton, N.B. Canada
    Any idea where I can find that, google doesnt seem to be very giving at the moment on that item.

I assume you are looking for info on the Vamo.

Health Cabin has them in Chrome, Black Chrome, and mid December they will have a Stainless Steel version (for slightly more).

eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2 (Only Body) [D-B4 APV] - $39.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Canvape has them but I don't think they ship to the US at the moment.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/egovw.htm

and in the USA:

OKC Vapes - Oklahoma's Premier Supplier of Electronic Cigarettes, E-Liquid, and Accessories!

Relax, Enjoy!

JamBone

ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2009
    Illinois
    Thank you everyone for the quick feedback, I have read a lot on that unit and I really like what I see. I have never had anything that fancy because of the price was always $200 or so, but this is much better and seems to be made solid from the reviews I have watched. I will be ordering one of these bad boys within the next week for sure. Thanks again!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    are they protected or IMRs and all 18650s are not the same Protected are a bigger diameter and length than Imrs there are nipple and flat tops, I caught the tale end of when we went from Trust Fire Flamers to AWs as the best to get. Most everything uses IMRs and you should never ever stack protected Imrs have safer chemistry and more amps readily available.
    Same goes for 18350s

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread