tenor (16).gif

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    this one looks to be good.... thoughts? and it's on sale for $15 :D
    can't tell if it has a spot for an ac adapter or not though
    https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Back-Lit-Features-Included/dp/B00ME8VI34/
    I'd stay away from any scale without an ac adapter available feature.
    Could check out an older model of the SF-400D2 and consider the less expensive "older" model SF-400D :
    $ 3 dollars off and free shipping for $14 is a decent price. I suspect that both models are identical no matter the differences in the hype/written descriptions.
    re: Digital Scale 500g x 0.01g for Precision Weighing & Counting - USB Wall Adapter 855011003737 | eBay

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    hm so the LB-501 or the SF-400D2?

[edit]
    hehehe never mind, going with the lb-501 through amazon, i can have it by tomorrow instead of waiting a week :p I could get it $1 cheaper on ebay but meh lol and the sf-400d2 was about $2 cheaper hehehe (ehhh it doesn't come with weights)
    nevermind just getting the LB-501 :D and then I can start making big batches hopefully tomorrow afternoon :p

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    I know you do not want to spend a lot of money on a scale, but this is an investment which should last for some years to come. Not saying this scale is junk, never used one, but purchasing something that is cheaper could mean you are replacing it in a year or 2.

Agree.

Way too much ado over $10 when it will be spread out over years of use.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Agree.

Way too much ado over $10 when it will be spread out over years of use.

Agree but also see @Shadav objective. We all want the best bang for our buck and you don’t know if something can be had that performs the same or better at a reduced cost unless you inquire. I’m sure there was a few points brought up she didn’t think about as well

@Shadav – Positive the LB-501 will serve you well. Just remember to measure down to 0.01 accuracy and not a o.o1. World a difference between a ”o” and a “0”.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: DaveP

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    My AWS LB-501 has never failed to produce a good bottle of juice. Mine came with calibration weights and I use them periodically to calibrate and check accuracy.

It comes with two 200g weights, so you can calibrate and then check it at 200g and 400g afterwards to confirm accuracy at two weight ranges. Of course, that's assuming the two weights are accurate. I guess you could take them to the local grocery store and have them weighed for comparison on an FDA approved scale.

Last edited:

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    so my scale never came in the mail.... amazon refunded me.... hesitant to try and reorder....
    been putting it off.... but really need a scale as I'm making several 50mls at a time and going to be making bigger batches eventually....

still looking at the 501, now to find one for around the same price $24.99 that I found on amazon....

Reactions: muth

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I have 3 scales, but the one I use for my DIY most of the time is a Horizon 500g x 0.01g High Precision Digital Scale SF-400D2 with USB Wall Adapter. It runs on 2 AA batteries as well. I paid $22.00 shipped for it on Ebay.

View attachment 821119
    I have this one but it needs calibration as all do from time to time. The Instructions that came with mine are not very coherent or fully informative. You will need a 200g calibration weight.

Reactions: Shadav

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    so my scale never came in the mail.... amazon refunded me.... hesitant to try and reorder....
    been putting it off.... but really need a scale as I'm making several 50mls at a time and going to be making bigger batches eventually....

still looking at the 501, now to find one for around the same price $24.99 that I found on amazon....
    I see that you already ordered. I just got one (AWS LB-501) on Amazon for $24.99. The only glitch is that the seller had it listed as an AWS LB Series Precision. Very confusing! I need to address that so others won't be mislead.

Reactions: Shadav
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread