Looking for a decent clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
Anybody got recommendations or links? Found these: e-Smart clearomizers - package of 5 and immediately liked them for the color selection (they've got purple!) and the fact they'll fit my current 808 batteries as well as my 510 mod with adapter, just wasn't sure if there was a better option I should be looking at. Not interested in a tank/tankomizer setup just yet, I want something fairly thin, portable, able to be carried in a hard-case, and preferably nothing that makes me have to get an eGo battery, as I already have two 808s with nothing at all wrong with them.

OhaiKrikket

ECF Veteran
I've bought maybe 6 packages of those so far (split between the two vapers in my household), and they're decent. I have NOT gotten a dud yet, but we've had a couple (out of 30, mind you) that leak a little from the bottom.

They're not easy to clean (you can rinse or soak them, but the wicks take awhile to dry, and there's no way to replace the coils or wicks), and they don't perform well with sweet/dark juices. They do also get hot around the mouthpiece if you chain vape a lot.

However, for the price, the improvement in taste you'll get over cartos is pretty impressive.

I have yet to find something I like better for 808 threads.

dmanindfw

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
DFW, TX
Why not go straight to a tank system? I went with a Kanger Protank and absolutely love it. Never messed around with a clearomizer as I didn't really see any benefit other than smaller size. The protank is easy to use, fill, and replace the heads when they are done. Heads are cheap (but can be tough to find). The Kanger eVod's should be good too.

One of my coworkers started with a clearomizer and 2 weeks later got an evod and he LOVES it.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I've bought maybe 6 packages of those so far (split between the two vapers in my household), and they're decent. I have NOT gotten a dud yet, but we've had a couple (out of 30, mind you) that leak a little from the bottom.

They're not easy to clean (you can rinse or soak them, but the wicks take awhile to dry, and there's no way to replace the coils or wicks), and they don't perform well with sweet/dark juices. They do also get hot around the mouthpiece if you chain vape a lot.

However, for the price, the improvement in taste you'll get over cartos is pretty impressive.

I have yet to find something I like better for 808 threads.

Thanks for the insight, these sound like a pretty good buy from what you're saying. Most of my juices are fairly light, all-PG mixes, and if it's not working out and I'm tossing clearos constantly I can always just not buy more and look for something else at that price, unlike getting a $50 tank and find out it's not what I want.

Evods and Pro Tanks fit 808 batteries?

My question exactly, I looked at both already but they seem to be for eGo threading or, at best, 510s, which I'd be stuck using solely on my 5v mod.

I use E-smarts...Like them a lot. Also use the slightly smaller T4 (also sold at Halo as mini tanks). I've shopped around and Vaporkings are probably the cheapest for E-smarts...Litcigusa for the T4. On a cig-sized 808, I've never found anything better than these two.

Hmm, first time hearing about the T4 I believe, I'll check into that before pulling the trigger on the E-Smarts, both sound like they'll be fine if you're using them on cig-size batteries without issues. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Looking at the T4s on LitCig I think I've made up my mind for now, going to grab a few of those and see how they hold up, the smaller capacity isn't a big deal as I tend to do most of my vaping at or near home where I can easily refill when I'm out. Also like that I'd be getting another Kanger product, already use their cartos and have been very happy with quality so seems like a no-brainer to try the clearos as well. Thanks to everyone who posted with advice and suggestions, if I like the clearos enough I might go ahead and get an eGo adapter and a Protank down the road, but budget is kinda tight and I don't want to have a $30 paperweight if I end up preferring cartos for some reason.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Send me a SASE and I'll send you all the CE clearomizers you'll need for 2013. Disposable top coil CE's provide a minimum quality vape for me and I haven't used them in months. I like the bottom coils myself and recommend the evod above all other clearos. I have all of the current models and I keep coming back to my cartos and my evods. The Protank, when I'm in the mood. My two cents.

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
2.6-2.9ohm........ kind of high, cool vape. Prefer 2.4 or lower on a fixed battery

I'd like 2.4 or lower myself, but I'm used to 2.8-3.0 on the same batts so it's not a huge issue to me, plus I have an adjustable 5v mod I can use if I'm really desperate for a hotter hit.

Send me a SASE and I'll send you all the CE clearomizers you'll need for 2013. Disposable top coil CE's provide a minimum quality vape for me and I haven't used them in months. I like the bottom coils myself and recommend the evod above all other clearos. I have all of the current models and I keep coming back to my cartos and my evods. The Protank, when I'm in the mood. My two cents.

All the CEs I need, huh? Tempting :p I've heard great things about bottom coils but I want to see if I can get a handle on having glass around first without breaking 'em, the evod is next on my list once I figure out what's up as far as preferring clearos to cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread