Looking for a good tea flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
I've found a few premixed teas that I really liked (some green citruisy teas, fsusa's peach tea is really nice) but I've yet to find a DIY Tea flavoring that didn't disgust me. I *really* want a DIY Lipton-like that I can mix with other base flavors (peach, strawberry, etc)

I've tried:

Flavor Apprentice Black Tea: This is very alcoholy, chemical tasting and has a hint of lemon with it. Not at all what I was expecting, or wanted. Tried it at 5%, then up to 10% so I could actually taste it. It was just bad.

Flavor Apprentice Earl Grey: Yes, I know, earl grey is a strong tea flavor. This was very.. spicy. Not what I was looking for. I was hoping in low concentrations with sweetener it would be good, but... it's not.

Flavor Apprentice Green Tea: Same as above. Was hoping it would taste tea-like enough to give me a good mixer, but it wasn't what I wanted.

Flavor Apprentice Chai Tea: Okay, not sure why I'm putting this here. Mixed with sweetener and vanilla I got exactly what I wanted from it (sweet vanilla chai tea) but it's not that iced-tea like flavor I want, obviously, because Chai Tea and, say, Lipton are no where near alike. Just listing it so people don't go recommending it.

Now, yes, I could just order premixed peach tea from FSUSA, but the point of DIYing is to get away from ordering premixed liquids from vendors.

Reactions: mikol gaither
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread