Looking for a high end RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanatic205

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
birmingham al
Well after messing around with clones i am looking for something a lil better built and will out last the cheap knockoffs.

I have been using AGA-t+ and some DUD's. currently eyeballing a cobra and a DID but was wondering if i was overlooking some other gems. Price isnt a concern just looking for some good rba's to use on my Precise ELA mod i pre ordered.

The one rba i know i dont want is a ZAU but looking for suggestions

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I love my DID.. I have another on the way. I like that the top cap screws on instead of a pop off cap. when screwed on all the way, it lines up perfectly with the wick. There are some mini's in the clearance section right now.

I've heard good things about the cobra but I choose to get another DID because with the screw on cap, that's one less thing I have to worry about. Plus, a clearance DID (even with shipping)is $30+ cheaper than the cobra.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm curious as to why you specifically don't want a ZAU.
As far as others, Cobras are usually available, at several suppliers, and they are a great RBA. Beautifully made. Light weight, because they are titanium.
DIDs are also great, and normally available from MMVapors, although I believe they are all out of stock right now.
For others, there are many, and they sell out quick. The best bet, if you can wait, is to hit 'notify' on the websites.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
The Polished standard DID is in stock right now. The way your post reads, you want more than one. You can't go wrong with both a cobra or a DID.. get one of each and they are in stock right now :D

Something you might want to consider. You said you were wanting one for your Precise ela. As you know, mesh rbas have to be kept upright or they will leak their juice out through the fill hole or wick hole. The Precise isn't known for it's upright stability. I was considering one but decided not to preorder because of this. silica rbas might be a better option for something like the Precise unless you plan to keep it in a holder.

Last edited:

fanatic205

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
birmingham al
Yes looking at buying multiple RBA's i see vapedudes has a cobra in stock, I know i am buying a real DID just on the fence about the cobra. I dont like tight draws i drill all my RBA's out to 1/16 and i know the cobra will be a pain being titianium.

I borrowed my coworkers zen standard and didnt care for it like his I hybrid much better, plus its next to impossible to get a ZEN. I vape dual coils at ultra low ohm so anything i buy will be modded.

Not worried about the mod standing upright on its own work in the automotive repair industry and use a flashlight holder on my belt, and have PV holders in the car and house. Since all i use are RBA's im used to keeping them upright

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Yes looking at buying multiple RBA's i see vapedudes has a cobra in stock, I know i am buying a real DID just on the fence about the cobra. I dont like tight draws i drill all my RBA's out to 1/16 and i know the cobra will be a pain being titianium.

I borrowed my coworkers zen standard and didnt care for it like his I hybrid much better, plus its next to impossible to get a ZEN. I vape dual coils at ultra low ohm so anything i buy will be modded.

Not worried about the mod standing upright on its own work in the automotive repair industry and use a flashlight holder on my belt, and have PV holders in the car and house. Since all i use are RBA's im used to keeping them upright

If you intend to set up dual coils, the DID wouldn't be a good choice, unless you have the capability of drilling a couple extra holes in the deck. The DID only has one wick hole.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
thought about the ac-9? very nice genny. i have one as well as a did and do prefer the ac-9 just a little bit more. it has 2 wick holes. it is bigger then the did. the did is 20mm, and the ac-9 is bigger, maybe 22? how big is the mod that you will be getting? did you want the atty and mod the same diameter? this might be something you might want to check out. for me an all in one look is nice. although the ac-9 has a pop top, it is super solid. the wick holes are just about the biggest out there. another nice feature is a nice adjustable center pin. the standard top cap is maybe 1/16. dont think they are in stock at the moment. good luck

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
thought about the ac-9? very nice genny. i have one as well as a did and do prefer the ac-9 just a little bit more. it has 2 wick holes. it is bigger then the did. the did is 20mm, and the ac-9 is bigger, maybe 22? how big is the mod that you will be getting? did you want the atty and mod the same diameter? this might be something you might want to check out. for me an all in one look is nice. although the ac-9 has a pop top, it is super solid. the wick holes are just about the biggest out there. another nice feature is a nice adjustable center pin. the standard top cap is maybe 1/16. dont think they are in stock at the moment. good luck

Hopefully, the 510 thread issue that appeared in the 2nd batch will be resolved before there is another release of the AC9. I was unhappy with having to re cut the threads, before it would fit on some of my PVs. Until there's word that the issue has been resolved, I wouldn't recommend the AC9.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
Hopefully, the 510 thread issue that appeared in the 2nd batch will be resolved before there is another release of the AC9. I was unhappy with having to re cut the threads, before it would fit on some of my PVs. Until there's word that the issue has been resolved, I wouldn't recommend the AC9.

I'll second this. I was fortunate mine was able to thread into my PV of choice for it, but it will not work on my Bolt.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
sorry,i didnt know there was any issues. it fits all of my mods perfectly. caravela/ provari/ omega

Apparently, the issue was with the 2nd batch. Several folks have experienced it. It appeared that the threads weren't cut deep enough. Possibly a worn out die. I don't know. I fixed mine by purchasing a die, and recutting the threads. It fixed the problem; but you shouldn't have to rework a high end device.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
The only PV mine didn't thread into was my Bolt. It threads fine into both my Provaris, an old dead Lavatube, Vamo, and Roller. So it is a potential issue, but for me it was quite minor.

It was; and in all fairness, there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency with the female 510 threads on various devices either.
Anyway, back on topic. The Bliss is also a great high end RBA. They are made in both stainless and titanium. Although I haven't seen the Ti ones in quite a while. The maker of the Bliss also has a new one, called the Steam Turbine. Still a bit difficult to get. But it should be a good one; and very cool looking.

carcen5

Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
baton rouge
Pulled the trigger on a DID and the cobra, not sure if the DUD,s i have are minis or standard size. Im not big on looks as i am on performance. It looks like im going to have some fun drilling into titianium

I think ill grab a AC-9 when they come back in stock

I was seriously looking into the ELA and I emailed the vendor, asked if they planned to make and RBA that matched it and they said it was already in the design phase, it will look like a hybrid when they're paired together. Not sure if will be a hybrid but I'm anxious to see what they come up with. And by that time you'll be ready for a new one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread