Rba's, what's the best to get in your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Jacksonville, NC, USA
I have been looking into getting a high end rba! I have the aga t2 and have started to develop better skills :) takes a lot of patience. Well I have a provari and a zenesis and was looking at getting one of the following

ac9
kayfun
fogatti
zau/zap

I'm open to other suggestions, what's your preference and why?
thanks for the help guys!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
kayfun Lites are very popular, right now; and with good reason. They are easy to set up. using silica, ekowool, or cotton. The vape is great, and they don't leak, even if you lay them on their side.
For genesis types, my favorites are the RSST, which is a clone of the AC9. It works as well or better, and $100 cheaper than the AC9.
My other favorite geny is the DID D20. Simple, single wick design. Big 3.5mm wick hole. Top cap screws on, and the air hole lines up perfectly with the wick.
The Cobra is a nice geny. It's made of titanium, so it's light. Extra wick holes for alternative set ups, like U wicks, silica, etc. The draw is a little stiff, with the stock vent hole.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Haha so it's as hard to come by a foggy as it is a caravela :((

lol yea they are released in batches of 50 or 100- and you better be a fast typer with the billing info when it hits your cart or its gone.
usually sells out in less then 3 minutes.
personally i dont think the zap is anything special (just my opinion).

and im really really digging the kayfuns, still love my cobra too though. except for dripping thats it for me.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Advice from a guy who has both. Cobras are .....in' atties, but can be moody wickers due to the distance the liquid must travel from the bottom of the tank to the coil, significantly so in the 5 mL version. Go with the AC9. Beautiful atty. Very forgiving to work with. Best atty I've ever had. Vaping Beast. I also have RSST's and can say you'd be hard pressed to spend less money and get more for it than a good deal on an RSST. Pick one up, try it out for a bit, and if you like it, go forth and getcho self an AC9. Or four. They are that awesome.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Advice from a guy who has both. Cobras are .....in' atties, but can be moody wickers due to the distance the liquid must travel from the bottom of the tank to the coil, significantly so in the 5 mL version. Go with the AC9. Beautiful atty. Very forgiving to work with. Best atty I've ever had. Vaping Beast. I also have RSST's and can say you'd be hard pressed to spend less money and get more for it than a good deal on an RSST. Pick one up, try it out for a bit, and if you like it, go forth and getcho self an AC9. Or four. They are that awesome.

That's funny, I've never had a problem wicking my Cobra. Personally, I believe any problem with wicking comes from the wick itself, not the atomizer.

Anyway, I was in the same dilemma a while ago about which genesis to buy... the AC9 looks awesome, and I'm sure it works awesome, but the deal breaker for me came down to the tank material. I wanted glass, no exceptions. That brought my choices down to the Cobra, DID and Somnium. I wanted versatility, which essentially left the Cobra. Needless to say, I'm more than happy with it, and I don't hesitate recommending it.

For the record, I still want a Somnium... so I'm keeping an eye out for that unicorn poop before I check on the stock again. ;-)

mcbender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Jacksonville, NC, USA

The ac9 does look like it works awesome and is a high quality build I think ill get it and a cobra In a week or so hahaha

cghildreth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Central Texas
Kayfun! Simple setup, great flavor, and super easy to use. I am using Kayfuns almost exclusively despite having about 20 genesis atomizers on my bench.

I also recently picked up an AGT - the new tiny titanium based genesis atty from Youde. It took a bit of fiddling (i had to drill a new hole opposite the wick to serve as an air relief hole for wicking purposes), but once set up it's pretty much outstanding. My main gripe with most genesis atomizers is while the flavor is good, it never quite matches up with my drippers. If you can find a genny that has a small air chamber (combined with a relatively tight draw hole), I think the flavor from a genny can match or beat even a well designed dripping setup. The AGT is just the ticket for not too much money. Foggys are also great for this, but good luck getting one, and your gonna pay at least five times as much for it as the AGT (probably more).

The atomizer I would absolutely recommend against is a ZAP/ZAU/ZAG. Too much damn money, flavorless vapor, and not particularly well designed (damn spring in the center post).

mcbender

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Jacksonville, NC, USA
Kayfun! Simple setup, great flavor, and super easy to use. I am using Kayfuns almost exclusively despite having about 20 genesis atomizers on my bench.

I also recently picked up an AGT - the new tiny titanium based genesis atty from Youde. It took a bit of fiddling (i had to drill a new hole opposite the wick to serve as an air relief hole for wicking purposes), but once set up it's pretty much outstanding. My main gripe with most genesis atomizers is while the flavor is good, it never quite matches up with my drippers. If you can find a genny that has a small air chamber (combined with a relatively tight draw hole), I think the flavor from a genny can match or beat even a well designed dripping setup. The AGT is just the ticket for not too much money. Foggys are also great for this, but good luck getting one, and your gonna pay at least five times as much for it as the AGT (probably more).

The atomizer I would absolutely recommend against is a ZAP/ZAU/ZAG. Too much damn money, flavorless vapor, and not particularly well designed (damn spring in the center post).

Hmm well thank you for your info! Ill have to look more into the kayfun.

The only dripper I have is the one I just got, igo-w has great flavor but tiny lol ill have to keep looking into setups and what not

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Status