Looking for a large tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshKicker

Mar 10, 2018
Chicago
I always say buy a large tank with good coil options. It took me a long time to realize after buying many smaller tanks with small coils to figure out that larger tanks with higher rated coil’s taste better, produce more vapor, and have more options of coils. Now do you like a cool or warm vape? Do you like flavor or vapor?

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Noevay

Moved On
Mar 23, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Just got the TFV12 Prince (TPD so 2ml) and upgraded it with a bubble glass to get 8ml capacity. If you do go with the Prince then you have 3 coils available to drop in and you have the option of an RBA deck in the long run. BUT, my biggest con is, as a certain YouTuber said, that Smok overrate their coils. I've been using the .14 @ 66 watts for about 4 - 5 days now but anything over 70 watts tastes funky. Good cloud and flavour on it however.

.14 coil? i assume you mean the .15 coil? there is no .14 coil....

if the .15, the range is 50-120w... with the "sweet spot" they recommend at 80-100w

so, youre in range, just below what they ask for sweet spot i assume you mean?

i also vape on the lower end, never as high as they recommend...

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
.14 coil? i assume you mean the .15 coil? there is no .14 coil....

if the .15, the range is 50-120w... with the "sweet spot" they recommend at 80-100w

so, youre in range, just below what they ask for sweet spot i assume you mean?

i also vape on the lower end, never as high as they recommend...

Apologies, .15 coil indeed. The SMOK rated sweet spot just kills flavour and kills the coil much quicker. Ironically, it was a RIP video that gave me that tip and lo & behold, my .15 tastes and vapes much better at lower wattage than suggested on the coil.

Limeybastard

Mar 11, 2018
USA, FL
I currently have two Kangertech Plus subtanks at 7m capacity. They dont leak and have great flavour. No fuss, no mess, they are great tanks.
Well mine leak, regardless of klacton or occ coils used. Read somewhere they don't use enough cotton in coils.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well mine leak, regardless of klacton or occ coils used. Read somewhere they don't use enough cotton in coils.

Did try replacing the tanks orings? If those are worn out it will affect the vacuum leading to leaking. FT has good metal 810 >510 dt adapters.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom

I have a griffin RTA which is pretty big but that bloody thing always leaks, my two sub tanks plus have never leaked although one of them does splutter a but if i dont use it for a while.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    They fit into an 810 dt opening so you can use a 510 dt. The metal ones are much better than the ones that are included with the atty. I'll look up my order and post a link.
    Thanks Letitia, i will go take a peek on fasttech and see what its all about

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It leaks out of the vent holes.

Something doesnt sound right with it. Most tanks do rely on a vacuum being achieved in the tank to stop it leaking. I did have problem with a smok tfv4 tank, lost a couple of tank fulls before it settle down. I do now close of the air flow everytime i fill it up and have a good suck on it before i open the air flow. Seems to work.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    O-rings affect every part of your tank. If they are worn it will leak out of the vent holes.
    Very true. I had a old iclear 30S that i vaped on for ages. It seeped juice and after a while i found a very tiny "nick" in the seal. Once i replaced it, it worked fine...no more seeping

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread