looking for a small sturdy mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
The eGrip has been my out 'n' about goto since Christmas (thanks, mom in law!). Everything InfinityzeN said is completely true, save the leaking: you CAN get a small leak if you don't have good vaccuum with the rba. And the tank CAN be broken (someone in the eGrip thread has managed to break theirs. Still not sure how that happened)

The only other problem is airflow with the rba: if you like a more restricted flow, you'll be modifying things. Otherwise, it is almost the perfect setup

I haven't gotten any leaks, but then I always do several unpowered draws after filling a tank or the egrip. This builds up the vacccuum and helps get the flow to the wick started, so is just a good practice. Maybe I've just been lucky Strings.

As for the guy who broke his, I got no idea how he did it ether. Dropped it from really high or dropped it so something perfectly hit the recessed glass? It is not indestructable but you have to work at it. Don't know weather to be in disbelieve or impressed.

But there you go darckeen, two people both telling you it is a great device.

*Edit*
One thing I forgot to add that I dislike. The charging port is on the bottom.

Last edited:
so I did it! I broke my vivi Nova s right off the top of my vamo V5. happened right in the middle of my work day as I was screwing the tank back on my v5 after refilling. the previous night the dog had jupped up on the table and nocked my V5 off the table. The fall had bent the base plate of the nova, probably weakened from being in my pocket all day every day. I did not expect it to just break off in my hand tho. I was super ...... the threads came right off the nova.
I went home that day with the intentions of buying the Eleaf 20 watt but was happily surprised that Istick just came out the 30 watt. picked one up for $39.99 and got the full size Nautilus ($29.99) with a 5 pack of replacement coils ($13.99) from vaporDNA.com
I was really pleased with the purchasing aspects and how vaporDNA's website was laid out I got 10% off my entire order it being my first order and free shipping.
for the next 5 to 7 days I'll be stuck with my iclear30s... It always leaves me with thetaste of the wick in my mouth.

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Smaller is better, but I am really concerned about something sturdy enough to be in my pocket all day long.

Have you looked at a mini mech mod? You may have to keep a spare battery to change it out mid-day, but having the option of a quick-change battery is priceless. Nic fits don't wait for USB chargers. :)

For power to weight ratio and durability (especially having no glitchy electronics) I doubt anything comes close.... This mini Nemesis/Kayfun combo is super slick...

$33.70 IVOGO Kayfun Mini V2.1 ES Style RTA + Nemi Nemesis Style Mod Pocket Kit (1.6-4.0ml) - 14500/14650

Last edited:

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
The changes I've seen in just over 3 yrs. of vaping are incredible. The best overall vape I've found is the eGrip with the RBA base. I'm a heavy vaper and it lasts nearly all day and two fillings of the tank. The RBA base has an increased air flow which I like a lot because I usually do lung hits.

I also got the 510 adapter which will hold the RBA base to help when changing coils/wicks. I have yet to change a coil (5 weeks of use). I change the wick (Japanese cotton) about every 4 days and dry burn the coil when I do that. Any setting above the minimum 8 watts is too hot for me. I don't get sub-ohming.

Ironically, my go to before the eGrip was an aluminum Vamo v5 (18350) with a Vision Victory clearomizer using Kanger Protank coils. I still use it when the eGrip is charging and I use it to hold the eGrip adapter to check resistance and do dry burns.

I have also tried the Smowell 50 watt 18650 mod (Fastech) and it is a well thought out design. Small and light, it's about an inch shorter than a 18350 Vamo. I thought I was going to get into sub ohming but quickly changed my mind when I inhaled a cloud of menthol steam. So, I can still use them at 9-10 watts and I have a pocket friendly car jump starter if needed. :thumb:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I have an egrip w/rba deck. I love this mod. It's my out and about go to mod but I've been reading recently about the istick 50 venting, exploding and/or auto-firing. If the egrip auto-fires there isn't anything you can do but toss it. You can't remove the battery or the atty to stop the auto-fire. I love this mod so much that I don't worry about it though. I've haven't heard of this happening with the egrip but it is something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread