The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

looking for a tank that won't crack

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by penguinfan, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    While I have not had a tank crack yet...I am wanting one metal one that I can use if there is any doubt.
    Any suggestions? the info for my set up is in my sig..Seen ones that say ego but not sure if it is the same thread type or not

2. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Cottekill,NY
    You can get metal sleeves for the Vivi Nova.

Also glass tanks are good just don't drop them.

3. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have glass tanks from IBTanked and a polypro one from Valley View Vapes (they also sell pyrex), and I just picked up a couple of these (due to being polypro and having a good price): 510 SCT-V2 3.5ml Tank

4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You actually don't have a sig, so I looked on your profile page. A Spinner battery is essentially an eGo, so you'll want a slim profile tank unless you want to look like Thor.

You don't want a metal tank for a Spinner (see above), they will be too large.

I suggest a 3.5 ml polypropylene-tubed tank kit from My Vapor Store which you can get for around $22.
    510 Pro DCTank Combo

dctank.jpg

IBTanked has slim (the 19mm diameter) pyrex tank kits for $25. https://www.ibtanked.com/kits/complete-tanks

IBTanked on Twist.jpg

Aside from the great deal that Ocelot posted above, all other tanks on the market will either be to large for a Spinner or not be safe for the tank-cracker juices.

5. afallucco

afallucco Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    ohio
    The metal vivi novas are always good and simple to use. You can also get Kanger MT3 but many people are having problems with the coils not working well or tasting like plastic.

6. The Ocelot

I talked to Adam @ Vapor Phoenix and the tank I linked to is the same one - the same as the SmokTek: SmokTank XL - Blue Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank - New tank design for 510 PV's! 3.5ml 1.5ohm Adam just doesn't have as many colors.

So unless you have your heart set on a specific color & a chrome drip tip you can get the tank (carto/drip tip included) for $6.00 and replacement cartos for $1.99 = I spent around $16.00 for the same set up as My Vapor Store.

7. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Is the window in the Kanger MT3 clear or frosted? If it is clear, it is likely polycarbonate and suseptible to tank cracking juices. Frosted and it is likely polypropylene and safe.

I've never been able to confirm the material, and I can't tell from pictures online.
    _____

Ocelot, that's a nice deal from Vapor Phoenix. Nice find. :thumb:

8. Cicada

Cicada Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Riverside, SoCal
    anything glass or pyrex is generally safe with all juices.

9. The Ocelot

I haven't received them yet, so I will see what I think after I try them.

10. The Ocelot

Just make sure they have either metal or silicone caps/grommets. My first glass tank had beautiful acrylic ones that melted.

11. Cicada

Nov 6, 2012
    Riverside, SoCal
    or this -- totally forgot about those :p

12. Cicada

Nov 6, 2012
    Riverside, SoCal
    crazy -- which one was it, if you remember (?)

13. The Ocelot

Acrylic is incompatible just as polycarbonate. The caps I got were acrylic. If you get metal or silicone you will be fine (some tanks use metal caps, while others use grommets).

The new ones are on the left, the right is after a few weeks of using cinnamon juice
    grommets.jpg

14. Ektoh-One

Ektoh-One Full Member

Feb 4, 2013
    San Diego
    i had a DCT tank and whenever i accidentally tip over my smoke stick itll come off from the inside of the cartomizor. I think the ARG cartomizer tank is a better build since its threaded all over. either than that, since im clumsy i have dropped it and it holds up solid.

15. EvilOne

EvilOne Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I got a glass tank from 505vapor for 20 bucks. I can't wait for it to get here.

16. i_is_surf

i_is_surf Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    USA
    Can you explain how metal or delrin sleeves prevent a tank from cracking? I've never understood how that's possible.

17. i_is_surf

i_is_surf Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    USA
    Are you planning on using other cartos with it? I'd be interested to hear if a standard Boge 510 carto will fit in it or if it's like most of those tanks, they require the XL.

18. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The plastic tube can be removed and replaced with a metal one. Mini ViVi Nova Metal Tubes - SILVER [gv-MiniViViNovaMetalTube-SILVER] - $3.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The Vivi Nova tanks that are metal and have a juice viewing window are not safe for use with tank crackers, as the window is made of polycarbonate.

Polycarbonate plastic (clear plastic used in clearomizers and clear tubed tanks) is susceptible to cracking or melting when in contact with certain flavors of e-juice. Materials such as glass, polypropylene plastic, or metal are immune to this chemical reaction.

If you are inquiring about the IBTanks, they have a standard length tank that will fit a standard 510 Boge carto.

19. The Ocelot

A standard Boge is 35mm and these [510 SCT-V2 3.5ml Tank] take 45mm. They also have to be flanged. I use the same kind in my XL IBTanked, but use the standard Boge in the tank I have from Valley View Vapes.

ETA: I stand corrected - see Baditude's post

20. The Ocelot

I don't have any of the standard length, but don't the cartos have to have a flange?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.