looking for a tank that won't crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You actually don't have a sig, so I looked on your profile page. A Spinner battery is essentially an eGo, so you'll want a slim profile tank unless you want to look like Thor.

You don't want a metal tank for a Spinner (see above), they will be too large.

I suggest a 3.5 ml polypropylene-tubed tank kit from My Vapor Store which you can get for around $22.
510 Pro DCTank Combo

dctank.jpg

IBTanked has slim (the 19mm diameter) pyrex tank kits for $25. https://www.ibtanked.com/kits/complete-tanks

IBTanked on Twist.jpg

Aside from the great deal that Ocelot posted above, all other tanks on the market will either be to large for a Spinner or not be safe for the tank-cracker juices.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
...I suggest a 3.5 ml polypropylene-tubed tank kit from My Vapor Store which you can get for around $22.
510 Pro DCTank Combo

View attachment 176204

I talked to Adam @ Vapor Phoenix and the tank I linked to is the same one - the same as the SmokTek: SmokTank XL - Blue Dual Coil Cartomizer Tank - New tank design for 510 PV's! 3.5ml 1.5ohm Adam just doesn't have as many colors.

So unless you have your heart set on a specific color & a chrome drip tip you can get the tank (carto/drip tip included) for $6.00 and replacement cartos for $1.99 = I spent around $16.00 for the same set up as My Vapor Store.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You can also get Kanger MT3

Is the window in the Kanger MT3 clear or frosted? If it is clear, it is likely polycarbonate and suseptible to tank cracking juices. Frosted and it is likely polypropylene and safe.

I've never been able to confirm the material, and I can't tell from pictures online.
_____

Ocelot, that's a nice deal from Vapor Phoenix. Nice find. :thumb:

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
crazy -- which one was it, if you remember (?)

Acrylic is incompatible just as polycarbonate. The caps I got were acrylic. If you get metal or silicone you will be fine (some tanks use metal caps, while others use grommets).

The new ones are on the left, the right is after a few weeks of using cinnamon juice
grommets.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
i_is_surf said:
Can you explain how metal or delrin sleeves prevent a tank from cracking? I've never understood how that's possible.
The plastic tube can be removed and replaced with a metal one. Mini ViVi Nova Metal Tubes - SILVER [gv-MiniViViNovaMetalTube-SILVER] - $3.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The Vivi Nova tanks that are metal and have a juice viewing window are not safe for use with tank crackers, as the window is made of polycarbonate.

Polycarbonate plastic (clear plastic used in clearomizers and clear tubed tanks) is susceptible to cracking or melting when in contact with certain flavors of e-juice. Materials such as glass, polypropylene plastic, or metal are immune to this chemical reaction.

Are you planning on using other cartos with it? I'd be interested to hear if a standard Boge 510 carto will fit in it or if it's like most of those tanks, they require the XL.

If you are inquiring about the IBTanks, they have a standard length tank that will fit a standard 510 Boge carto.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Are you planning on using other cartos with it? I'd be interested to hear if a standard Boge 510 carto will fit in it or if it's like most of those tanks, they require the XL.

A standard Boge is 35mm and these [510 SCT-V2 3.5ml Tank] take 45mm. They also have to be flanged. I use the same kind in my XL IBTanked, but use the standard Boge in the tank I have from Valley View Vapes.

ETA: I stand corrected - see Baditude's post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread