DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
O.k. Ladies and Gents....

A) I've finally acquired the cohones to get more "in tune" with my Atomic RDA. Built my first dual-coil (meters out at about 1 ohm) and cranking higher VG juice just to see the pretty, white clouds (which are substantially different than my DIY 60p/40v can produce.) So I've already decided to change my PG/VG base from 50/50 to 25/75. I figure my DIY will now land me more around 40/60 when I start mixing with my new base.

B) I do have an iPV Mini (30W) which can take me down to a 0.5ohm coil. I'm using purple efest (even though the ratings are 30A or 20A, I'm dividing in half for continuous, so I'm guesstimating 15A on my 2100maH or 10A on my 3100maH batteries.) Doing the math, I'm coming up just shy of 8A, presuming I can crank all 30W on a 0.5ohm coil. I feel fairly safe pushing 0.5 ohm at least on the 2100's, if not the 3100s.

C) I currently run Kanger PT2s with 1.8ohm coils at about 9W (so I can run them on any rig I have). Occasionally, I break out a Nauti (full or mini) with the 1.8 ohm BVCs and might take those up to about 12W on various rigs that can handle that.

D) I have a few kayfun clones, but I have struggled with all but one of them yielding dry hits. My first (KF Lite from FT) doesn't have airflow control. The mini, which has airflow control, still struggles to wick well, and within a couple of hits, I'm burning and having to do primer puffs - seemingly all the time. The 3.1ES clone has been the best performer overall.

So, I can build (but not always wick well) and I can do math, and I'm cool with mixing my own juices.

This all being babbled and an upcoming vaperversary, I'm now considering two things.

1. I'm really digging the idea of jumping on the Kanger Subtank bandwagon (and I'm liking that a Mini and a Nano option are soon to be available.) I am really liking the lower-ohmed vaping - this coming from "Miss I don't Subohm, and I'm not planning on it". However, I want the convenience of a tank, because I don't want to constantly be dripping. I'm leaning heavily toward the Mini because it still has the RTA deck, but can use pre-built atties that can still allow me a really low-ohmed experience. I don't want a ginormous tank (which is why I don't use my full-sized Nautis or even the KFs that often), but the Subtank Nano doesn't appear to have the RTA deck.

(For you Aspire fanboys, I did get to take a hit off an Atlantis from one of my B&M peeps - I just don't know if I want to be limited to always using a 0.5ohm pre-built atty.) The Subtank at least gives me the versatility to use two styles of pre-built atties or when I'm feeling frisky, I can build my own.

2. Do I need to consider a heaftier mod than my iPV mini? If not, are my current batteries sufficient - I REALLY like the higher maH. My 3100's can last me about 1-1/2 days for my vaping style. The 2100's last about 1/2 day. I know that with lower ohms, I won't get that life-expectancy. If I should consider another mod, I'm liking the idea of the iStick 50W, but I am getting used to replaceable batteries. (P.S. I don't want anything much bigger, size-wise, than the iPV mini or my MVPs. I've held a Sigelei 100W, and it's just too bulky for me)

I know how I've been recently when people are asking "should I, or to what should I upgrade?" I've tried to consider all the questions I typically ask. So, I'm o.k. with a box mod, just not an excessively big one. I have a Nitecore Intellicharger for my batteries, none of which have the word "Fire" in them. I'm not sure I want to deal with dual batteries, so I probably don't need more than a 50W mod (if I even need a new mod at all....)

I guess I'm just trying to justify spending money on things vape-related.

(And of course, I know I'm not going to get any "sympathy" here :D I guess I'm wanting to hear from anyone using the Subohm, and on what rig are you running it?)

Thx

(ETA - Reonauts, I just don't want to spend that kind of coin and have to get BF toppers.....)

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
O.k. Ladies and Gents....

A) I've finally acquired the cohones to get more "in tune" with my Atomic RDA. Built my first dual-coil (meters out at about 1 ohm) and cranking higher VG juice just to see the pretty, white clouds (which are substantially different than my DIY 60p/40v can produce.) So I've already decided to change my PG/VG base from 50/50 to 25/75. I figure my DIY will now land me more around 40/60 when I start mixing with my new base.

B) I do have an iPV Mini (30W) which can take me down to a 0.5ohm coil. I'm using purple efest (even though the ratings are 30A or 20A, I'm dividing in half for continuous, so I'm guesstimating 15A on my 2100maH or 10A on my 3100maH batteries.) Doing the math, I'm coming up just shy of 8A, presuming I can crank all 30W on a 0.5ohm coil. I feel fairly safe pushing 0.5 ohm at least on the 2100's, if not the 3100s.

C) I currently run Kanger PT2s with 1.8ohm coils at about 9W (so I can run them on any rig I have). Occasionally, I break out a Nauti (full or mini) with the 1.8 ohm BVCs and might take those up to about 12W on various rigs that can handle that.

D) I have a few kayfun clones, but I have struggled with all but one of them yielding dry hits. My first (KF Lite from FT) doesn't have airflow control. The mini, which has airflow control, still struggles to wick well, and within a couple of hits, I'm burning and having to do primer puffs - seemingly all the time. The 3.1ES clone has been the best performer overall.

So, I can build (but not always wick well) and I can do math, and I'm cool with mixing my own juices.

This all being babbled and an upcoming vaperversary, I'm now considering two things.

1. I'm really digging the idea of jumping on the Kanger Subtank bandwagon (and I'm liking that a Mini and a Nano option are soon to be available.) I am really liking the lower-ohmed vaping - this coming from "Miss I don't Subohm, and I'm not planning on it". However, I want the convenience of a tank, because I don't want to constantly be dripping. I'm leaning heavily toward the Mini because it still has the RTA deck, but can use pre-built atties that can still allow me a really low-ohmed experience. I don't want a ginormous tank (which is why I don't use my full-sized Nautis or even the KFs that often), but the Subtank Nano doesn't appear to have the RTA deck.

(For you Aspire fanboys, I did get to take a hit off an Atlantis from one of my B&M peeps - I just don't know if I want to be limited to always using a 0.5ohm pre-built atty.) The Subtank at least gives me the versatility to use two styles of pre-built atties or when I'm feeling frisky, I can build my own.

2. Do I need to consider a heaftier mod than my iPV mini? If not, are my current batteries sufficient - I REALLY like the higher maH. My 3100's can last me about 1-1/2 days for my vaping style. The 2100's last about 1/2 day. I know that with lower ohms, I won't get that life-expectancy. If I should consider another mod, I'm liking the idea of the iStick 50W, but I am getting used to replaceable batteries. (P.S. I don't want anything much bigger, size-wise, than the iPV mini or my MVPs. I've held a Sigelei 100W, and it's just too bulky for me)

I know how I've been recently when people are asking "should I, or to what should I upgrade?" I've tried to consider all the questions I typically ask. So, I'm o.k. with a box mod, just not an excessively big one. I have a Nitecore Intellicharger for my batteries, none of which have the word "Fire" in them. I'm not sure I want to deal with dual batteries, so I probably don't need more than a 50W mod (if I even need a new mod at all....)

I guess I'm just trying to justify spending money on things vape-related.

(And of course, I know I'm not going to get any "sympathy" here :D I guess I'm wanting to hear from anyone using the Subohm, and on what rig are you running it?)

Thx

(ETA - Reonauts, I just don't want to spend that kind of coin and have to get BF toppers.....)

HA! I knew we would get you to the dark side eventually :p
To be honest, turned sub tank shines around 25-30 watts, so if you don't mind pushing your mod to its max settings, your mod can do you fine. Also, your mod probably has a max amp of around 10, so in that your batteries should be ok as well. I am currently running the sub tank on a 50 watt ZNA50 but have only gone above 30 watts with it once, as a for giggles experiment.findings.....30 watts is ask you need :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread