Looking for advise for first rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Hey everyone, its been a long time since i have posted. I unfortunately went back to smoking for a while and have finally stopped again and came back to the good side.
Any who, I have never owned an rta. I currently have two drippers that i had from when i last was vaping. A clone mutation X and a smok caterpillar, unfortunatly my magma clone broke and apparently its impossible to find now. I love dripping but its very impractical for work and i dont really like my regular tanks any longer cause coils are expensive and flavor not to good.
Im not really an expert coil builder but i get by and am looking to improve so im looking for something thats going to be easy to build on but will allow for better builds when i get better at coil building and also budget freindly. Really dont have much over 20$ budget atm.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and happy holidays to all!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For single coil rta, Engine Nano, GeekVape Zeus, or OBS Crius 2 keep me in my happy place. If I were going to pick up a dual I'd go for a Vandy Vape Kensei or an Advken Manta. Nano is the easiest to coil/wick. Zeus is probably the most versatile concerning coil size, tho I wouldn't install anything smaller than a 3mm. All provide good flavor and air flow. Nano and Zeus are leak proof, top af.
mtl=mouth to lung, dtl=direct to lung.
Welcome back!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Welcome back. All the suggestions so far are good. If you like the flavor from RDAs, though, take a look at RDTAs. Dripper on top and tank below. For single coil, the Serpent or Avocado 22. For dual, the list is VERY long, but I am a fan of the Merlin. If you're looking to go all matchy matchy with your Revenger, and you get a blue Revenger, the Vandy Vape Kylin in blue looks very nice and performs quite nicely, too. One note... some have complained that the Kylin leaks around the AFC, but Ive had no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Not so sure what mtl or dtl is.... Sorry like i said ive been out of the game for a while....
Right now i only have a 40w mod. But im pretty sure im getting a vaporesso revenger for christmas so wattage should be an issue. I usually like vaping around .5 ohms and under so anywere from 35-100w???

Direct to lung (DTL) sounds like what you are describing with .5 ohms and under and 35 to 100 watts. For mouth to lung you'd probably like .5 ohms at 20W and under. DTL is like sucking air through a large soda straw. MTL is like taking a drag off a cigarette with a filter.

MTL attys usually have small air ports. DTL atties have larger air ports for more air flow. Some/most atomizers have replaceable air ports under the coil, and others have adjustable air flow control and juice feed control, but it's easier to buy the one that suits your vaping style to start with.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You've gotten some great suggestions, and can I say welcome back to vaping and ECF. I think you'd probably have an easier time going with a DL restricted hit RTA than a MTL version, and people do seem to really like the Engine. If budget is an issue, the Coppervape Hussar RTA is pretty infinitely versatile (it has an airflow reducer if needed) and comes with single and dual coil decks (I would suggest starting with the single coil) and it won't break the bank. It's an easy build and setup, and you can get one for under $15, probably, I ordered mine from 3FVape and I really like it. The clones are said to be superior to the originals.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
If you want to go the clone route, there are some other nice options.
For about 10$ the Reload RTA is a very nice dual coil atty, as well as the Troll RTA and the Azeroth RTA.
The last two are build quality wise identical to the original, except for the missing branding on the Azeroth. And that one comes with an additional 3 coil deck. The Reload is a little bit rougher than the original, but otherwise the quality is really good without issues.
But hey, it's a clone of a quite intricate 70$ atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread