Looking for an "ideal build" on a Stillare on a Hana mini clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I have tried several builds, tiger coils included, and can't find a vape that I am happy with. What has me craving better is the fact that Mothers Milk simply doesn't taste the same on this since I got it. Very creamy and rich, just no strawberry flavor at all anymore.

I have 28 and 32 gauge kanthal. I am wrapping on a drill bit slightly smaller that the tube in a Bic pen. Its been in my vape box so long I forgot which size I pulled out. lol I am shooting for around .7-1Ω. I don't like a really hot vape. I am ok with twisted kanthal, parallel, shotgun style, vertical, slanted, or whatever.

Give me your ideas and pictures please!! :D

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
Try everything you've not already tried
Yes.....it takes experimentation to find what YOU are going to like. Play with the builds.....single....double....get some drill bits with different diameters....wick in different ways....move the coils up..down...closer to the air hole...further....try rayon....close your air hole off...open it up....Have fun with this, you have plenty of time to eventually find your own personal preference. Make it yours.

its_dizzle

Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Kailua, HI
Yes.....it takes experimentation to find what YOU are going to like. Play with the builds.....single....double....get some drill bits with different diameters....wick in different ways....move the coils up..down...closer to the air hole...further....try rayon....close your air hole off...open it up....Have fun with this, you have plenty of time to eventually find your own personal preference. Make it yours.
I agree. It took me awhile. I went through tons of kanthal and cotton and different attys. Found my paradise [emoji6]

SVÆRIK

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
california
A Clapton coil on my Hana V3 is a thing of beauty. With 8+ volts to play with, slow heat up times are not an issue. IMO, the Clapton coil is great for strawberries and cream flavors. It kind of has a two tone heat up process, so it hits the two flavors at separate stages. Also, for Strawberries and cream flavors, I find that a "normal" sized drip tip gives me a better flavor than a wide bore tip.
Best of luck to you.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
SVÆRIK;13885624 said:
A Clapton coil on my Hana V3 is a thing of beauty. With 8+ volts to play with, slow heat up times are not an issue. IMO, the Clapton coil is great for strawberries and cream flavors. It kind of has a two tone heat up process, so it hits the two flavors at separate stages. Also, for Strawberries and cream flavors, I find that a "normal" sized drip tip gives me a better flavor than a wide bore tip.
Best of luck to you.

image.jpg

I must say... I love it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread