Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi All -

I feel very fortunate to have been able to pick up a couple of the new Woodvils. So, I am in search of a couple of attys.

Currently, I have a Derringer with a Hobo on order. What I am in search of is; great flavor, a tighter draw and if lucky enough, minimal leaking. Most of the time, I just do single coil builds.

Please, let me know what you might recommend and where I could purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: Robinowitz

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
If you like a tighter draw, the RM2 is one f the all time favorite small attys. it has a ceramic deck and spread posts making it one of the easiest to build while still yielding a tight draw and good flavor. For a new Woodvil you would need an LP RM2 and they are available in chrome or brass finish at Reomods. The Chalice is a great atty but more expensive also available at Reomods.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Kh888 - Chalice, RM3, RM2 all available at Reosmods.

sjoat - just about any small atty can be made very airy by drilling a bigger hole, the hole size for as big and airy as you want it.

^^^^^ This.
The RM2, in particular, can be made quite airy easily. It's (mostly) brass and reaming the air hole with a small circular file or even drill bits by hand takes about a minute. My suggestion would be to go slow and check the draw often, though, as it can't be undone (many a 'naut has gone too far).

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Agreed. I love my RM2's (flavor, single coil, I drilled for an airier draw. Comes with a tight draw). Have a brass on my Woodville 18490 from last year.

I haven't tried a Chalice, so no opinion.

I also really like my IGO-S (14 mm) for all of the same reasons but don't know where to get them. Rob used to carry them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread