Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi,

I wanted to share my vaping story and how, after a long and winding road, I have landed in a wonderful place called, nirvana.

I have been vaping for a few years and have had my share of mods, attys and all the gear that comes along with those of us cursed with "early adopter syndrome." Yes, I have tried it all, bought it all, sold most of it.

A few months ago, I bought my first REO from a well respected member of this forum. However, I purchased the REO for my partner, who has a tendency to spill, break, flood, and under charge most that comes within her grasp. She is the best person I know and while I love her dearly, vaping maintenance just escapes her. So, I took over the REO used it for awhile and eventually sold it to a friend. It was a great setup, but it was metal and for some reason, it never felt quite right in my hand.

My journey continued....I tried temp control, a multitude of tanks, drippers, sub-ohm builds and the list went on. I had fun, learned a lot, made great friends, but was still searching for my perfect vape. And then, the 2015 Woodvils were released.

I am a guitar player and on occasion, do some furniture refinishing. I love wood, craftsmanship, and the beauty of organic things. I ordered a Cocobolo Woodvil. Wow...it was stunning! I topped it with a Derringer and it was nearly perfect. The look was nice enough, but the draw a little airy. The good folks on this forum suggested the RM2.

Well, the one Woodvil turned to two and those two told me they needed a friend, so a third is on its way. I like simplicity...I like consistency and I like things that work. I get bogged down by too much variety and when I like something, I go all in. Yes, I have finally found my happy vaping place with Woodvils.

REO Woodvils, RM2 atty, 1.3 ohm single wrapped coils and I have reached where I have always meant to be with vaping.

Thank you to Rob, his genius and to those who have helped guide me on this forum. I am humbled, blessed and so appreciative.
b9c135edac7d44c89b34cb54753a6e01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Thank you! My third is Bloodwood/Walnut. It should be a beauty.

I know just the one!! I was shocked that one was still around for this long.

And I completely agree with you, I love my metals, but after getting my Woodvil, I have contemplated selling the metals to get another Woodvil...those Cocobolos still left keep speaking to me! They just feel perfect in my hand, and it just fires so nicely. I've tried to make the positive contact arc, and I just can't, even with going slow motion with the button!!

You'll have a great trio there.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I know just the one!! I was shocked that one was still around for this long.

And I completely agree with you, I love my metals, but after getting my Woodvil, I have contemplated selling the metals to get another Woodvil...those Cocobolos still left keep speaking to me! They just feel perfect in my hand, and it just fires so nicely. I've tried to make the positive contact arc, and I just can't, even with going slow motion with the button!!

You'll have a great trio there.

The Cocobolos are stunning, IMO. Not surprisingly, Cocobolo is also also one of my favorite tone woods in guitars. I just never thought it would make for such a wonderful mod.

I highly recommend buying one!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Great story and thanks for sharing . I try and build mods I would use and enjoy nice to see others feel the same way . The woodvil I new people would like because I love mine . I have the same set up with a 1.1 ohm coil . That is Mr Gravy in the back ground
P1030546_zpsox5fkzdm.jpg

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Great story and thanks for sharing . I try and build mods I would use and enjoy nice to see others feel the same way . The woodvil I new people would like because I love mine . I have the same set up with a 1.1 ohm coil . That is Mr Gravy in the back ground
P1030546_zpsox5fkzdm.jpg

Rob - thank you for chiming in and truly, I cannot thank you enough for building these wonderful mods. They are a work of art and additionally, they just work and they work amazingly well! I now know first hand why you have such a loyal following.

Mr. Gray is beautiful! He looks like he is pretty good company and also a fan of Cocobolo!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Rob finally showed his wood! Haha. Nice one brother!

Nice looking cat too! Miss cats and dogs.. always had a cat and 2 dogs growing up but the wife never had a pet and is extremely uncomfortable around them so my kids don't get to have any. :/

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Awesome, kh888! I feel the same way. After the initial investment of FIVE Reos in the last three months I feel like I'm finally done buying the "latest and greatest" and MAYBE I can start "saving" money on vaping.

One of my metal Reos (the one in my avatar) is on loan to a friend who, I'm pretty sure, is using it exclusively now and possibly auditioning to buy it from me. Now I use my Carribean Rosewood and Bloodwood Woodvils with RM2s and they are by far my favorite vapes. My metals are still there keeping my sanity safe knowing they are the most reliable "backups" on the vaping planet!

And kh888 -- that lacewood is GORGEOUS! Can't believe the lacewoods were some of the last to be sold. If my pocketbook weren't already on fire from the Woodvils sale I'd have to pick up another. Enjoy it! :)

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Awesome, kh888! I feel the same way. After the initial investment of FIVE Reos in the last three months I feel like I'm finally done buying the "latest and greatest" and MAYBE I can start "saving" money on vaping.

One of my metal Reos (the one in my avatar) is on loan to a friend who, I'm pretty sure, is using it exclusively now and possibly auditioning to buy it from me. Now I use my Carribean Rosewood and Bloodwood Woodvils with RM2s and they are by far my favorite vapes. My metals are still there keeping my sanity safe knowing they are the most reliable "backups" on the vaping planet!

And kh888 -- that lacewood is GORGEOUS! Can't believe the lacewoods were some of the last to be sold. If my pocketbook weren't already on fire from the Woodvils sale I'd have to pick up another. Enjoy it! :)

LOL - Yes, saving money would be a novel idea, eh? Funny enough, I just said the same thing. I think the odds are finally in my favor.

Thank you on the Lacewood. I agree...it is gorgeous. The wood grain is really nice and the finish is top notch. Paired with the RM2 and all is well in the world. :)

I do confess that I am awaiting the resins...My "destructive" vaping better half may be getting one as a gift down the road. I think she would be hard pressed to muck it up!

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Rock on Kori.... Nice collection you have going there and great story. Your partners loss was certainly your gain from the way I look at it.:rickroll:

You got that right, my friend! Thank you so much for your support along my REO and vaping journey. You are the one who got me on the right path! Hope all is well with you!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Great story - love to hear how reos complete the vaping experience.

Congrats on taking up permanent residence in the 'Ville, and cherish that lacewood. I think the only reason there are a few left is that a lot of folks in the community have already picked one up, if they're so inclined, from previous sales. I know I count myself in that category, and it's been my "special moments" vape for over a year. You're going to love it.

drjitterbomb

Account closed on request
Sep 28, 2009
Washington
My hat in a thread about "What pisses you off about vaping" on reddit.

"I hate that I have reached a point in my vape career where it isn't nearly as interesting as it was before. I went through the motions. 2 years ago I got starter gear and I quit smoking. I started doing research hard and found all the subreddits. I upgraded and got into rebuildables. I started collecting clones. I tried the crazy coil builds. I started making my own juice. I built my own mods. I started making / selling them to others. I took great pride in my craftsmanship and I pushed myself into smaller and smaller enclosures. I made a local name for myself. People at vape shops knew me and I was part of the local community. I went to swap meets and vape parties and it was a lot of fun. After a while, I sold off all the clones I had and I started collecting authentic hard to find stuff. I had a juice line going at a local shop. People really liked it. I sold off all my authentic gear because I wanted to invest in TC. I really tried to like it but it just wasn't for me because I really didn't need it. I sold off all my authentic gear and invested in simplicity. I started buying Reo's and now I just live in reoville and vape unflavored nic. All the flavored juice I try is too overpowered and my carefully concocted DIY recipes lost their appeal. Nothing hits the spot like a lack of flavoring does. I stopped selling juice to shops. I stopped making mods. I stopped going to vape shops. I stopped being part of a community that embraced a culture I didn't like. I've had the same .8 ohm microcoil and readyxwick build in my RDA for the last 2 months and it looks and behaves just like it did when I built it.

Vaping has become entirely a background activity. All I have to do anymore is fill up juice bottles, charge batteries, and change a coil out maybe every 3 months. I clean my reo's the last Sunday of the month. I had a kid in july of 2014 and vaping was my smoking exit strategy because I could still "smoke" without having to smoke. My wife couldn't complain because I was making a positive change. It ended up turning into a big hobby that I poured a lot of time and energy into. I really loved it. Now that things have normalized and I have learned so much and done so much, it just seems like all the appeal and fun is gone. I figured it out.

Did I reach vaping nirvana? Did I replicate and eventually trump a cigarette? I don't know. All I do know is its better than smoking and I am fine with that."

I am firmly planted in a happy REO forest on the outskirts of REOville :)

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
My hat in a thread about "What pisses you off about vaping" on reddit.

"I hate that I have reached a point in my vape career where it isn't nearly as interesting as it was before. I went through the motions. 2 years ago I got starter gear and I quit smoking. I started doing research hard and found all the subreddits. I upgraded and got into rebuildables. I started collecting clones. I tried the crazy coil builds. I started making my own juice. I built my own mods. I started making / selling them to others. I took great pride in my craftsmanship and I pushed myself into smaller and smaller enclosures. I made a local name for myself. People at vape shops knew me and I was part of the local community. I went to swap meets and vape parties and it was a lot of fun. After a while, I sold off all the clones I had and I started collecting authentic hard to find stuff. I had a juice line going at a local shop. People really liked it. I sold off all my authentic gear because I wanted to invest in TC. I really tried to like it but it just wasn't for me because I really didn't need it. I sold off all my authentic gear and invested in simplicity. I started buying Reo's and now I just live in reoville and vape unflavored nic. All the flavored juice I try is too overpowered and my carefully concocted DIY recipes lost their appeal. Nothing hits the spot like a lack of flavoring does. I stopped selling juice to shops. I stopped making mods. I stopped going to vape shops. I stopped being part of a community that embraced a culture I didn't like. I've had the same .8 ohm microcoil and readyxwick build in my RDA for the last 2 months and it looks and behaves just like it did when I built it.

Vaping has become entirely a background activity. All I have to do anymore is fill up juice bottles, charge batteries, and change a coil out maybe every 3 months. I clean my reo's the last Sunday of the month. I had a kid in july of 2014 and vaping was my smoking exit strategy because I could still "smoke" without having to smoke. My wife couldn't complain because I was making a positive change. It ended up turning into a big hobby that I poured a lot of time and energy into. I really loved it. Now that things have normalized and I have learned so much and done so much, it just seems like all the appeal and fun is gone. I figured it out.

Did I reach vaping nirvana? Did I replicate and eventually trump a cigarette? I don't know. All I do know is its better than smoking and I am fine with that."

I am firmly planted in a happy REO forest on the outskirts of REOville :)

Thats the reo effect for ya.. from here on out the only new fun is trying new attys and waiting for new reo models to come out.

Basicly the reo is the end all and gives you back your life.. plenty of time now for other hobbies hehe

drjitterbomb

Account closed on request
Sep 28, 2009
Washington
I am glad I am not the only one who is recovering from the black hole of vaping technology try-outs! <says the woman breathing a sigh of relief>

I work in IT for a living. I advise a lot of coworkers on coding projects and operations and such and my mantra is always K.I.S.S. I had to come full circle to realize I should have just followed my own advice from the start :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread