Status
Not open for further replies.

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston
Like the title says what mod would you buy?
Vamo
Anyvape CVI
Zmax
Innokin SVD
Telescoping Zmax (flat top)

Over the last few days I have had the Vamo in my cart..then the Anyvape CVI .. then the Zmax but each time I dont pull the trigger even tho the mod's are at a great price. All because I keep waiting for the SVD which just looks killer.

So what would you do....wait for SVD ..wait for tele Zmax or buy a Vamo, Anyvape or Zmax now

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I'd probably go with the Vamo right now. The SVD and CVI look promising, but they're still mostly untested at this point, and the CVI in particular has been a whole lot of trouble. The ZMax is just too pricy when compared to the Vamo. And I just got a Telescoping ZMax yesterday, and it died today. Give them time to work out the kinks.

guppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Southern California
I have a vamo and it does what it's supposed to do. The only thing for me now is that the ohm readings are a bit crazy. I now use it to check ohms on my rebuildables but it jumps from .7 to 5+ ohms within 3 checks. That's just me though, but it doesn't fire sometimes which is strange since I don't use it much. I've owned this for about 2 months I believe? But of the ones you listed, I would recommend the vamo. Good VV/VW.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
My understanding, the ZMax2, Vamo, and SVD all use the same chip.
I have a SS ZMax2 and love it's performance, but three months into use, the thing randomly resets from time to time. Sometimes you hold the button to fire and it increases the volt/power setting instead of firing. I have to hold the fire button fairly firm to avoid this. I understand many people have this issue with their ZMax2. This is more of a nuisance, not disabling and to be fair, I don't know if this is from the many times that it has gotten knocked over while sitting on my desk or poor craftsmanship.

When it performs (which is most of the time), it is great, it does what it is supposed to do. I imagine in all honesty that the VAMO and SVD will perform no better or worse. The question would come in; Are the Vamo or SVD less prone to this issue? The ZMax certainly is not the cheaper of the three.

Based on the above, even though the Vamo and SVD are unknowns (to me) in the reliability category, they can't be much worse.
I would remove the ZMax from your list of contenders merely for the higher price factor, since the other two will perform at least as well and are cheaper.

Don't fool yourself and think one will perform better than the other. But it is true that one may be more reliable than the others.

Last edited:

cardenio

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
United States
My understanding, the ZMax2, Vamo, and SVD all use the same chip.
I have a SS ZMax2 and love it's performance, but three months into use, the thing randomly resets from time to time. Sometimes you hold the button to fire and it increases the volt/power setting instead of firing. I have to hold the fire button fairly firm to avoid this. I understand many people have this issue with their ZMax2. This is more of a nuisance, not disabling and to be fair, I don't know if this is from the many times that it has gotten knocked over while sitting on my desk or poor craftsmanship.

When it performs (which is most of the time), it is great, it does what it is supposed to do. I imagine in all honesty that the VAMO and SVD will perform no better or worse. The question would come in; Are the Vamo or SVD less prone to this issue? The ZMax certainly is not the cheaper of the three.

Based on the above, even though the Vamo and SVD are unknowns (to me) in the reliability category, they can't be much worse.
I would remove the ZMax from your list of contenders merely for the higher price factor, since the other two will perform at least as well and are cheaper.

Don't fool yourself and think one will perform better than the other. But it is true that one may be more reliable than the others.

Good point theyre all gonna rattlenake and use that pulse-width, best just to find the one that fits your price and style.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
...The only thing for me now is that the ohm readings are a bit crazy. I now use it to check ohms on my rebuildables but it jumps from .7 to 5+ ohms within 3 checks.

...it doesn't fire sometimes which is strange since I don't use it much. I've owned this for about 2 months I believe?
Quite the glowing recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread