Status
Not open for further replies.

padejash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Port Hope, Canada
Hi Gang

I've been steadily vaping away on my Ego and assorted variations for a quite a while now, and love it. I would like to try a simple unit that has replaceable batteries (510, ego). I remember reading about something called E-Power a while ago, but didn't pay much attention as I was spending all my money on getting setup. The wife says I can try one mod, but it better be inexpensive to buy and maintain. That's why I figure a simple unit where I only have to replace the batteries. My existing equipment (atomizers, cartomizers, etc.) should be compatible.

I have a feeling I'm looking for older technology, but the new stuff $75 and up is way beyond my limit. If anyone has any suggestions and where I might possibly get them it would be appreciated.

BTW: I live in Canada and I have heard the USPS will not allow batteries to be shipped anymore. Is this true?

Anyway, thanks in advance for the suggestions.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Maybe look at an old goat bottom feeder? About $25, then batteries and charger. Otherwise maybe a kgo?

Shipping on batteries from the us is messed up, new rule lasting through year end. Check in Canada for a battery supplier for any mod you consider.

If you prefer going to vv, i believe some of the lavatube variants have come down a lot in price. I just saw a post in the suppliers area for $32. Again, add batteries and charger.

padejash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Port Hope, Canada
Maybe look at an old goat bottom feeder? About $25, then batteries and charger. Otherwise maybe a kgo?

Shipping on batteries from the us is messed up, new rule lasting through year end. Check in Canada for a battery supplier for any mod you consider.

If you prefer going to vv, i believe some of the lavatube variants have come down a lot in price. I just saw a post in the suppliers area for $32. Again, add batteries and charger.

Thanks I'll look into it.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali

padejash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Port Hope, Canada

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Since you already have an eGo charger take a look at the eGo T-2 setup that uses a 18650 battery. Example here: *NEW* Joye APV Unit

It can charge the 18650 in place connected to an eGo charger. And will run in 3.3v regulated mode or unregulated mode starting at 4.2v and dropping voltage with use until the battery shuts off. At $30.00 it's an inexpensive way to get something with replaceable batteries, gets you a different voltage option, and doesn't require an additional charger.

If it matters code THANKYOU at TVR gets you a 10% discount.

Never liked my E-Power. Too many issues with the switch. And the plating wearing off the switches. Sorry I bought it.

padejash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Port Hope, Canada
Since you already have an eGo charger take a look at the eGo T-2 setup that uses a 18650 battery. Example here: *NEW* Joye APV Unit

It can charge the 18650 in place connected to an eGo charger. And will run in 3.3v regulated mode or unregulated mode starting at 4.2v and dropping voltage with use until the battery shuts off. At $30.00 it's an inexpensive way to get something with replaceable batteries, gets you a different voltage option, and doesn't require an additional charger.

If it matters code THANKYOU at TVR gets you a 10% discount.

Never liked my E-Power. Too many issues with the switch. And the plating wearing off the switches. Sorry I bought it.

Very nice! Thanks for another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread