Looking for a inexpensive 18650 tube mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozpkchris

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Fl
Hey guys,

I am looking for an inexpensive simple 18650(or something comparable) unregulated tube mod.

i personally own a SB, and provari. my Friend is looking for something similar to my SB maybe a little smaller, more like the size of the provari

i have seen the bolt, its an option, but are there any other inexpensive options out there?

Thanks for the feedback

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
The Maxi Roughstack and SmokTech Bolt are about the same size but the Bolt needs the extension to hold an 18650, making it about as long as a SB and more expensive than the RS. Although some have referred to the Bolt as a budget SB, I don't think it's as well made as the SB or the RS. I think the Chinese made mods are getting better in quality but when it comes to unregulated basic tubes the RS and SB offer better quality and service. The Maxi RS is 3 3/4 long and weighs an ounce less than the SB. I don't think any other tube compares to the experience of hitting the button on the SB, so possibly your friend should look for a used one here on ECF - that's how I got mine. Good luck helping out!

PatrickG

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Indiana
I have both a bolt and a maxi roughstack. I use the bolt pretty exclusively since i started using tanks. The roughstack top button really limits the kind of cartos you I can use. Even with 510 extensions, which I hate using anyway, tanks and larger cartos are cumbersome. I can tell the bolt is not quite as well made, but I like the feel of the finish and it's caused me no problems using it daily for about 2 months. Being able to drop down to an 18500 without the extension is nice too.

Rather have a silver bullet tho.

ozpkchris

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Fl
i love my SB, which he want to buy from me.. ( I will not part with it). he is looking at the 50 ish price range.

i think the rough stack is out cause you can't use tanks,

wunder how madvapes acrylic tube mods are ?

bolt might be a good choice as well, -- i like aw imr cause they start off at 4.2 volts i believe the 18490's are the same (for the bolt )

newuser01

Aug 15, 2012
USA
I just ordered this, I think it can be charged on an ego charger as well.
18650 Tube Mod - Steel

I am also wondering how it is working out? Thank you for posting. I was going to recommend joye's at about only $20 (unregulated with v2 switch) but this is cheaper and has the 3 voltage settings which for a cheeeeap mod is great imo!

edit: also is there a name for that thing? would like to see if its available at some other site.

edit2: how was fulfillment from that site? :)

Last edited:

hottls

Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Irvine, CA
I am also wondering how it is working out? Thank you for posting. I was going to recommend joye's at about only $20 (unregulated with v2 switch) but this is cheaper and has the 3 voltage settings which for a cheeeeap mod is great imo!

edit: also is there a name for that thing? would like to see if its available at some other site.

edit2: how was fulfillment from that site? :)
newuser01, I couldn't find a name for that mod either but unless it completely fails within the first week I don't think you can go wrong. I haven't received it yet but I hope to receive it sometime next week. They followed up with an email that it was shipped so we'll see how it goes.

BTW, I found out about it by subscribing to http://.........blogspot.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread